GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | ASUS Strix Gaming​
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2400 | 2x 8GB​
SSD (M.2 / PCIe): 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | bis zu 3200Mb/s lesen​
HDD: 1TB Seagate BarraCuda​
Soundcard: HD-Audio Onboard​
LAN / Wireless LAN: 300MBit/s WLAN integriert - ASUS PCE-N15 | PCIe​
PSU: 550W - Corsair Vengeance Series Modular​
CPU-COOLER: Corsair H60 V2​

I was about to order a 2070 Super, but im not sure what upgrade would help me the most.

Im a gamer and mostly playing low resolutions (max fps) or 1080p on Apex Legends and probably on upcoming Project A (Valorant) Game. I got interested into the 2070 Super cause its good to stream with it on twitch aswell. Any advice I dont wanna spend more than 560€ for now?

I tried to overclock my CPU to 4.6GHz but its going to 96 degrees with benchmark tests so thats way 2 much. Maybe I did it wrong but followed a bunch of videos

Last edited:
Solution
You need a better CPU cooler, a 120mm AIO is really not sufficient for a 7700k especially with an overclock. Either get a 240mm AIO or in my opnion if you case will support it, a qaulity air cooler like from Noctua or beQuiet.

AS far as a 2070 Super, it would be a substantial upgrade however many are speculating that the Nvidia 3000 series of GPUS will have a larger then normal performance boost and come in at a lower cost. Now this could all be wrong as it usually is but it' something to consider.
You need a better CPU cooler, a 120mm AIO is really not sufficient for a 7700k especially with an overclock. Either get a 240mm AIO or in my opnion if you case will support it, a qaulity air cooler like from Noctua or beQuiet.

AS far as a 2070 Super, it would be a substantial upgrade however many are speculating that the Nvidia 3000 series of GPUS will have a larger then normal performance boost and come in at a lower cost. Now this could all be wrong as it usually is but it' something to consider.

Solution
Nvidia's 3000 series have been delayed to Q4 2020 in part due to COVID 19 but also they want to see the performance of AMD's RDNA 2's architecture. It may serve you well to wait until then to see the performance. Either way, when they release, the current line of RTX cards should decrease in price. But first, like richiestang_78, get a better cooler for your CPU.