Need advise on displays, looking to buy one

Jun 10, 2018
Looking to buy a new display. It's only for gaming and mostly for mmo's and rgp's.

My pc specs:

Ryzen 5 1600

MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

I have no idea what to look for and I'm doubting between 1 ultra wide or a dual monitor setup.

Price should be around €550 euro. So for 1 ultra wide the pricepoint should be around 550 euro and for the dual monitor setup 250-300 euro per monitor. (also around 550 total).

Any good suggetions/advise?

morgancomputers

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
Jun 10, 2018

Those are the exact monitors I was looking at. But im not quite sure where to go for. The ultra wide seems nice, but reading a lot of mixed reviews.
And for the Asus VG248QE, it has other disadvantages, like a TN panel and can my GPU run 2 144hz monitors? (I guess so? cause only one will run games??)
But i'm doubting between one ultra wide/ a dual monitor setup?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have that LG monitor for my son - we have been VERY happy with it. There is also a review here for it: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/lg-34uc79g-34-inch-ultra-wide-freesync-monitor,4891.html

That said, since you're talking about gaming, and don't need, say, for work purposes a full 3840 pixels across, I would strongly advocate a single ultra-wide monitor instead of dual monitors.

I used to think that curved, ultra-wide monitors were a gimmick, but now I'd probably call myself a true believer.

My *only* complaint is that LG's warranty is only 1 year, and on this particular model, the curve is very slight - I would've preferred a little more of a curve. Still, it's been a great monitor so far (I got it for my son in early November 2017).

Jun 10, 2018

Just wondering, what GPU do u use? Cause thats the only thing I'm worried about?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have a GTX 1080, but I don't play the latest and greatest games. But that's on a 3840x1600 monitor.

My son's got an R9 285 on that LG monitor I linked to, and it does struggle slightly with it. A 1060 should handle it notably better.