[SOLVED] Need Alternative Music Player/CD-Ripping Software Suggestions

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I currently use the MediaMonkey 4.1 music player/cd-ripping software. MediaMonkey has served me well in general for the last 5 or so years after the demise of Winamp. I have just learned that Freedb is no longer running to provide automated CD album information and I have no desire to go through the process of re-ripping my music collection and input the CD album info manually.

My question for everyone here is what alternative music player/ripper would you recommend that is reliable, allows me to set it to get the cleanest rip possible when ripping my CDs, allows me to create, edit, and import/export playlists, and is compatible with my Sony NW-A45 MP3 player (either built-in or through an add-on or extension)? I am looking at both paid and free options.

Thanks

Solution
All modern music formats allow for media info (title / album / artist / cover art / lyric / etc) to be embedded into the file itself, you don't need external database once this info is pulled in. Check whether your media player has such a function.

As for your Sony player - as long as you can upload MP3 files to it, you don't need any specific support from the media player.

I am using built-in Windows Media Player for everything - ripping / tagging / sorting. I rip twice, once in loss-less variant (for storage), and once as MO3 (for streaming).
All modern music formats allow for media info (title / album / artist / cover art / lyric / etc) to be embedded into the file itself, you don't need external database once this info is pulled in. Check whether your media player has such a function.

As for your Sony player - as long as you can upload MP3 files to it, you don't need any specific support from the media player.

I am using built-in Windows Media Player for everything - ripping / tagging / sorting. I rip twice, once in loss-less variant (for storage), and once as MO3 (for streaming).

Solution