Need an advice about cooling

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
Hi all, I want to buy a AIO for my PC, but i don't know which one to choose between DEEPCOOL MAELSTROM 240T and Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240.
Little bit of help ?

urbancamper

Distinguished
Since your cpu is of the non overclocking variety, I would go with the Masterliquid. It is less expensive. Unless you like the pretty blue lights of the Maelstorm. Also DeepCool has a reputation for aio that leak.

Personally I would go with neither of those if my cpu did not overclock. I would get a decent air cooler instead. Any midrange cpu air cooler would work. And it would cost even less.

urbancamper

Distinguished
Well as I said earlier the CoolerMaster is both less expensive and considered by many to be more reliable. However I have always gone with Corsair. Currently the H100i v2.0. Have never had a problem with any I have used for various builds of mine, or others I have built for.

O and for your build you can set it on low and with corsair Link and you will never hear it.

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015

Ok, i'm openminded, which one would you reckon. As i said before, I don't like large air coolers like CM Hyper 212 or others like that. And why the AIO can't be quiet ? When the fans work at min and the pump (not shure) too ... ?

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
If you can find the Evga 240CLC, or even the 280CLC, those are both pretty good. I put one of those in my wife's computer, and overclocked her A10 APU a decent amount, and it handles it like a champ fairly quietly. I personally use a Thermaltake Riing 360 for my 2700X and I can't even hear it when the fan curve ramps up a bit if I'm encoding, or something similarly intensive.

urbancamper

Distinguished
As I said in the beginning of your thread the MasterLiquid Lite 240 is the better of the 2 choices for an aio.

As far as air goes, the Be Quiet Dark Rock 4 would be the answer. You will not hear it run. It will however cover the first memory slot. So if you use 4 sticks of memory it is no good for you. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA68V6Y56870

What looks like black paint is not. It is actually a ceramic powder coat that enhances cooling capabilities. Similar to what is on the bottom of the space shuttle.

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
Yes, I am using all 4 DDR slots. For now i'm going to stick with my air cooler and in the end of the month I'm going to buy the CM Masterliquid. I like how it looks, when its set to minimum i think it is going to be quiet. Thanks to all of you. You are really helpfull as always !!!