Question Need an advice for TV (monitor)

Viktor Nosko

Honorable
Apr 21, 2014
In next days I need to buy some monitor to replace my old tv.
This monitor shouldnt be bigger than 32”.
I have two monitors and I cant decide which one to take.
  1. 32" Philips 326M6VJRMB
  2. Samsung 32UH850
The main use of this monitor will be TV watching, movies and so on. I want to buy multimedia centre something like apple tv but I think I ll stick to android (xiaomi probably).
I really dont know what to check for daily use, even in the “sunny” room. Qdot samsung has only 250 nits of peak brightness whilst Philips has HDR 600 (more than 650nits in peak).
When I watch some comparison on the youtube I can clearly see the power of Qdot technology, those colors are impressive but Im quite scared from 250nits.
If there is too much bright room Im scared that I wont see anything on the “TV”.
I also checked LG 32UD99, it is great monitor I guess, but many reviews say that one half of the screen has different color temperature and some parts of the display have tendency to turn green even after replacement.

Please, help me. I need to buy something in two weeks, my little daughter have to watch toy story, daily :D.
Thank you very much.
Here are some links but they are in my main language (slovak).
https://www.alza.sk/32-samsung-u32h850-d5091482.htm

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You ideally need to place the display with the light coming from behind the monitor. A lot of folks tend to place the monitor/display very close to the window and have light coming from the right or left of the monitor which can and will wash out the display.

If anything, is it possible to go and see the display's in person? I know some showrooms or retailers have a display to display the display, pun intended :D

Reactions: Viktor Nosko

Viktor Nosko

Honorable
Apr 21, 2014
You ideally need to place the display with the light coming from behind the monitor. A lot of folks tend to place the monitor/display very close to the window and have light coming from the right or left of the monitor which can and will wash out the display.

If anything, is it possible to go and see the display's in person? I know some showrooms or retailers have a display to display the display, pun intended :D

yup, I have two options.
  1. Next to the window, so sunlight shines from back of the monitor.
  2. In the rolldoor, but the sunlight would shine from left side...
Okay, so you say, if the sunlight comes from back of the monitor, VA (quantum) 250nits would be enough for everyday use?

TRENDING THREADS