Need an advice on a new Graphic Card

Ryukizashi

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
I wrote a Thread some time ago, in which I've posted all of my Computer specs, which I'll paste here to avoid you to lose time.

03c04-80434cc3-fd08-4672-855b-b79c013cbe80.png
03c04-947672a8-2a18-4efe-93db-6b2c1222246f.png

I'd like to buy a new graphic card, because mine 'sucks' at the moment.

03c05-95ed7155-0983-415d-a0d4-f50c662a8f73.png

I don't reallly know what my "limits" are actually, I just know it needs to be a DDR3 type Graphic Card.
Can someone tell me which limits do I have in buying the Graphic Card?
For example, I've found on a site called e-key a Graphic Card like this: #
Would it be ok for my computer? Otherwise, which Graphic Card should I orient on? Do I have any other limit other than the DDR3 type?
Thank you in advance,
Ryukizashi

Solution
A 750 or 750ti should be good for you, they draw extremely little power for a graphics card, but provide very respectable performance. What you think is limiting the ram type (ddr3) is actually only for motherboard ram sticks, not video card ram. You can use a GFX with GDDR5 (the G means Graphics basically) because the rest of your computer can't touch that memory, it's only for the graphics card to use.

barto

Expert
Ambassador
I'm guessing that you trying to play video games? What games are you trying to play and what do you want in terms of performance?

How much are you wanting to spend?

So possible issues, first the PSU. It's only 300 watts and an average one at best. If you want a more powerful card, you may need to also buy a new PSU. Second, not the best airflow so a new powerful card will run warmer.

Ryukizashi

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Q: Would the Nvidia GTX750 be a good choise even though it is GDDR5?
I am trying to play mainly League of Legends (I actually can play it, but <30fps), Dark Souls, random stuff.

Ryukizashi

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
I don't mind having a graphic card "stronger" than I need for the use I make of it. I should setup a nice gaming computer in the time: I've bought the RAM, I don't want to change the motherboard so the last thing I need to change is actually the graphic card theorically. Since a friend of mine is helping me on this, he told me I could buy a 750 even if it is "overpowered" for just playing games like League of Legends, because I would be ok even in the future.
I've found the graphic card at 118€ + the Thermaltake SP-630P at 58€ -He told me I should change it to avoid any compatibility problems, plus it would still be ok in case of further update in the future. It would make a 176€ shop for that stuff. What do you think?

A 750 or 750ti should be good for you, they draw extremely little power for a graphics card, but provide very respectable performance. What you think is limiting the ram type (ddr3) is actually only for motherboard ram sticks, not video card ram. You can use a GFX with GDDR5 (the G means Graphics basically) because the rest of your computer can't touch that memory, it's only for the graphics card to use.

Solution