Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2019
Hello Everyone,
My name is Jack and Luckily I got a job in a small Hospital. But my luck was for short time period:cautious:, I have to use multiple software for the different tasks like Billing,Appointment Scheduling,maintain records,emails and much more. The problem is, I use to miss patient's appointments while managing other stuffs. Sometimes, I lose my data as well🤢. I discussed with my senior and we have planned to go with a solo tool to manage all these records. I found so many software online but every software has different features. Why don't they provide everything on a single platform?:unsure:thoughts please....any idea or suggestions are welcomed:geek:.

USAFRet

Titan
"Why don't they provide everything on a single platform? "

Because those are very different functions.

Maybe look through these:

Hello Everyone,
My name is Jack and Luckily I got a job in a small Hospital. But my luck was for short time period:cautious:, I have to use multiple software for the different tasks like Billing,Appointment Scheduling,maintain records,emails and much more. The problem is, I use to miss patient's appointments while managing other stuffs. Sometimes, I lose my data as well🤢. I discussed with my senior and we have planned to go with a solo tool to manage all these records. I found so many software online but every software has different features. Why don't they provide everything on a single platform?:unsure:thoughts please....any idea or suggestions are welcomed:geek:.

What you can use depends on your setup, you will of course need to integrate your current data and tools into whatever new thing you use. This is not a simple task. You need to either get a consultant to help you or work with your IT department. For what you are doing, it is exactly why there is IT in companies, they work with the software and data to enable the rest of the staff do their job. Picking the right software for your company is not something you want random people on the internet doing, you need to work with external consultants that will work with the hospital to sort out what they use now, how the data is setup, what servers you have, what current programs there are, etc...

I have worked at several hospitals, healthcare companies and biotech in general, we never had a single person, or even a single group, that deals with software and data for patients. There is way too much issues with patient safety and privacy, as well at having to pull data together from different systems into a single interface.

Reactions: ElectrO_90
I've been involved in Medical Practice Management for over 20 years. There are many companies that provide the solution you are looking for. You are looking for a Practice Management Application that will scale appropriately with your organization.

The Practice Management solution you choose will integrate billing, appointments, EMR (Electronic Medical Records), and also integrate with Outlook for your emails. It will also provide reminders as needed. Since there are specific laws and mandates to ensure HIPAA compliance, these vendors specialize in this industry and the software will have that integrated into it.

Your statement of "small hospital" is relative, here in NYC a small hospital would be a large Medical Center somewhere else.

This is not an inexpensive undertaking and proper implementation will take some time. It will have to be a coordinated effort between administration and IT to do this properly. A committee will need to be formed to ensure all needs are met and that multiple vendors are engaged so that the proper selection is made.

You may also have to hire a consultant to coordinate all that and to help you choose the proper vendor. BTW it's a great opportunity to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.