• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Need an upgrade, (blue screen of death got me)

joe_967

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Its a long story, but I think I have dead ram, mainboard or something, here's my thread http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/experienced-people-ftopict238444.html

I'm assuming a new mainboard, ram, cpu combo will cure my problem? If you disagree please let me know.

Anyway,I've been out the loop fo quite some time. Which type ofmainboard should I get? When is quad core amds coming out, and are they am2? I don't want to blowall my cash so usually I buy second best, as they seem to have great performance for thebuck.

I was considering a e6600 core 2 and a 650i mainboard? not sure which ram, enlighten me guys! I buy from this store: www.canadacomputers.com, try and keep it to 800 bucks or less!