[SOLVED] Need answers about SSD

nolove131

Commendable
Nov 19, 2017
Hello, so i decided to buy SSD first time but i don't know anything about ssd's.
Do i need to search some specific ssd which would fit with my motherboard or i can just buy any ssd? Also my PSU is 400w. It would be enough for SSD or no? Waiting for answers, thank you.

Solution
An SSD will make boot times and game load times better. It may make games framerate a little better if your current HDD is terrible, but not much.
I would Buy the mx500 linked above. Alternatively, a cheaper Kingston A400 240gb would work.

WildCard999

Titan
List your specs.

The type of SSD to get will depend on your motherboard as some are SATA and others are M.2. There are also PCIE adapters for M.2 SSD's if your motherboard doesn't support them. With a SSD you want to have your OS installed on it for the system to run smoothly and typically leave about 15-20% space free for it to continue to room great.

WildCard999

Titan
My motherboard is: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H55ME33.html
PSU: Spire ATX 400 or 450w i don't remember right now.
If this is a non gaming system the PSU should be fine with a SSD. For that motherboard I'd get a SATA SSD, this Crucial would work well and is a massive improvement over a HDD.

PCPartPicker Part List

Storage: Crucial - MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($35.99 @ Adorama)
Total: $35.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-13 08:33 EDT-0400

The 500gb version is $67 if you require more space.

nolove131

Commendable
Nov 19, 2017
i to be honest wan't to buy ssd for gaming to increase a little bit performance and get some smoothness in all computer.
Other specs:
GTX 650
I7-870(BIG OC)
RAM 8GB.
Playing only csgo.

An SSD will make boot times and game load times better. It may make games framerate a little better if your current HDD is terrible, but not much.
I would Buy the mx500 linked above. Alternatively, a cheaper Kingston A400 240gb would work.

Solution