[SOLVED] Need Answers!

Apr 7, 2020
Hello Everyone!

I have router has 15Mbps and 2 switches (not gigabit) then 4 PC's does my connection be faster or not? please help me.

#Need help
#Respect Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
You traffic will go 100mbps to the router and then 15mbps out to the internet so the speed of the internet is the limiting factor.

If you copy files from pc-pc then your traffic will only run at 100mbps. If you were to buy a gigabit switch and copy files it would now run at 1gbit between the pc but would still run 15mbps to the internet.
First of, STOP SCREAMING IN ALL OF YOUR POSTS. Secondly to answer your question, if all your 4 pc's are using bandwidth, internet will be slowed down. Not by a lot but itll be practically unnoticeable. Welcome to Toms Hardware, in toms hardware, please be formal and not type in all capital letters on all of your posts. Thanks!

You traffic will go 100mbps to the router and then 15mbps out to the internet so the speed of the internet is the limiting factor.

If you copy files from pc-pc then your traffic will only run at 100mbps. If you were to buy a gigabit switch and copy files it would now run at 1gbit between the pc but would still run 15mbps to the internet.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution