Question Need Assistance** i cant seem to figure out this issue....

Feb 17, 2019
I have had an issue with my gaming laptop which I am trying to identify the underlying issue. Just a bit over a month ago my laptop started acting weird, randomly the keyboard keys will become unresponsive. What becomes odd here is that both laptop keyboard and usb wireless keyboards all do the same thing and windows will not allow me to even use the on screen keyboard during this time. The computer does recognize the keyboard being there, the enter button does work but the letter and number keys do not. This does not allow me to enter my pin nor password soon logging into windows 10. 50 percent of the time the keyboard will work correctly allowing me to log into windows, then will become unresponsive 15 to 20 min after logging into windows. I must note that Nothing has been spilled onto the keyboard... I have done a System restore, OS repair using media creation disc, Installed windows onto a separate drive as primary (d) Made sure all drivers are updated and installed correctly and Windows 10 is fully updated. made sure sticky keys options is off. I have also updated the bios and the issue still comes back. I really wish I could figure out this problem, never seen this before.
Below are my system specs

Asus Rog GL502VM
Windows 10 home vs 1809
64bit operating system
Intel i7 6700HQ 2.6gh
16gb Ram
Nvidia geforce GTX1060

Please help!!! Is this a hardware or software issue here?

Postingonce

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
My advice would be to scan for rootkits using Malwarebytes. Since it's persisting through factory restores, I can't assume it's a system setting gone awry, nor can we assume it's a faulty keyboard since the issue persists with external keyboards as well as the integrated one on the laptop. The only reasonable conclusion is a rootkit that could be causing the issue. Unlikely, but that's the only solution that comes to mind. Others may be able to shed more light on the issue, but this will at least provide something to do in the interim.

TRENDING THREADS