Question Need assistance in upgrading my GPU

walroos

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
Hello, I've been rocking my 970 for quite a few years now and it has been holding up well, but I'm looking in a good card to invest for the future. What I mean by this is something that'll hold up against games 5 years from now. I recently purchased an Oculus and found my once powerful card struggling to keep up, and games like Star Citizen being near impossible to play. My only problem is I haven't really kept up with the GPUs coming out and feel very ignorant right now. If anyone has some good suggestions for me I'd greatly appreciate.

My build is:
EVGA GTX 970 SSC
Intel Core i7 7700k 4.2ghz
CPU Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Western Blue digital 1TB HDD
MSI Z270 SLI PLUS LGA 1151 MOBO
Corsair CX500 Power supply
Asus VX238H Monitor
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4

Lutfij

Titan
You're also going to have to change the PSU if you want to introduce a beefy(yet power efficient GPU) onto that platform. I'd suggest going for an RTX 2070 but you didn't mention what your budget for the GPU would be and where you'd like purchase it off of...?

walroos

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
You're also going to have to change the PSU if you want to introduce a beefy(yet power efficient GPU) onto that platform. I'd suggest going for an RTX 2070 but you didn't mention what your budget for the GPU would be and where you'd like purchase it off of...?

I'm really not trying to spend more than 500-600 dollars, idk if that makes it more difficult but thats all I can really afford right now. As for where I'd purchase it, I don't really care where it comes from haha