Need assistance on buying a monitor because I may be being cheated by the manufacturers.

Loyde Kessroy

Commendable
Apr 11, 2017
I've been waiting a few months to buy the Dell Gaming S2417DG YNY1D 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor with G-SYNC. I've only been waiting because I might have been able to get the 27 inch with a Black Friday deal, but the deals seem to be bogus.

The 24 inch monitor was 300$ before the deal and it is now 406$ with 163$ off as a holiday deal? I noticed almost every major monitor brand has something similar this for this sale. Are manufacturers trying to cheat everyone for more money or did the monitor market suddenly go down the garbage? What I want is advice from experienced shoppers if I should buy it while it's ("on sale") or wait until this scandal is over, if it is one. Any help will be appreciated.

What are you talking about? A company has the right to change their prices. This is not cheating their customers. There are variable costs, variable demand and so forth. So long as they tell you what they want for it and they ship you what you agreed at the time they agreed to ship it there is nothing bad going on.

I think you need to step back and reconsider how foolish what you wrote sounds. This is nothing but how capitalism is supposed to work. No one owes you jack. Don't like the price, vote with your wallet. That is how you contribute to the market forces.

mrmez

Splendid
So... it was $300, now on sale for $243, but you're hoping it will be lower than that AFTER the sale???

Companies do this sort of thing all the time. You're still getting it cheaper, just not as much as they'd like you to believe..
It's not a scam tho. They are likely comparing it to the RRP ($406), but let's face it, nothing really sells for RRP in the PC world. Not for long anyway.

Loyde Kessroy

Commendable
Apr 11, 2017

I said in my post that the monitor was priced at 300$ and the seller is saying they are making it 163$ off, even though its actually more than 100$ more expensive. Nowhere in my post did I say it was on sale for 243$

Loyde Kessroy

Commendable
Apr 11, 2017

( or did the monitor market suddenly go down the garbage?) I was simply asking a question and I think you didn't read correctly because I simply asked for a a reason behind it. Similar to what happened to the graphics card market, I was wondering if the same was happening to the monitor market, or if the sellers just happened to DOUBLE the prices of their monitor directly before a 163$ sale.