Question Need Assistance with SSHD Formatting

Sep 28, 2020
Hello, first-time poster and not a computer guru by any means so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking into upgrading my RAM to help with the occasional lag hoping it results in a snappier response. While researching this topic I came across CPU ID CPU-Z's benchmark test and it revealed some surprising results that I'm trying to make sense of. I'm getting a score of 914 (CPU multi thread) where the processor that my computer is equipped with draws 3256 - 4814 on other sites. Perhaps I don't know how to read the results or maybe I'm misinterpreting the numbers I'm reading elsewhere but isn't this pretty low? Using UserBenchmark.com's test, my benchmark says, "missing ssd."

About a year after purchasing my computer, my hard drive failed and I replaced it with a compatible version. Now, I am wondering if I swapped hard drives correctly and/or if there is something I need to complete to ensure my system runs as smoothly as possible.

I don't know what information is pertinent but here's some info:

Computer: HP ENVY 23-o014

- - - - - CPU - - - - -
Name: Intel Core i5 4570T @ 2.90 GHz
Code Name: Haswell
Max TDP: 35.0 W
Package: Socket 1150 LGA
Cores: 2
Threads: 4

- - - - - Motherboard - - - - -
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: 2B1B
BIOS: AMI 80.01

- - - - - Memory - - - - -
DDR3 8GB
Manuf.: SK Hynix
Part #: HMT41GS6BFR8A-PB
Default Frequency: 800 MHz
Ranks: Dual
Voltage: 1.35V
Slot #2

- - - - - GPU - - - - -
Intel HD Graphics 4600

- - - - - Storage - - - - -
Seagate FireCuda SSHD
2.5 1 TB SATA
ST1000LX015-1U7172
Format: NTFS

Again, any help is greatly appreciated!

USAFRet

Titan
An SSHD such as your FireCuda is treated exactly the same as a 1TB HDD.
Its just a little bit faster in some use cases.
Any manipulation of the small SSD portion happens in the drive firmware. There is nothing for you to manage, nor can you.

And userbenchmark is a poor tool.

Sep 28, 2020
Much appreciated USAFRet. So ideally, I should replace the hard drive to a SSD before adding RAM? Would that help "unlock" my CPU benchmark score - assuming CPU ID CPU-Z's test is a better indicator of CPU performance - or is the bottleneck the processor itself?

Thanks in advance