Distinguished
Feb 15, 2013
Hello guys,
I was wondering if you guys could help me in deciding which config to buy:

Ryzen 3 2200g
8gb ram 3000mhz
Msi a320m mobo
Antec bp450.
The above configuration is priced at 14k INR(that's my maximum budget)
And the second one :
Ryzen 5 1600
Asrock a320m mobo
4gb 2400mhz ram.

I have all other necessary components like HDD, Gt 730 ddr5 and a very cheap quality smps.

Also please note that I shall be upgrading necessary components in near future like adding a RX 580 and a second ram for making it work as dual channel.

My mind is totally with ryzen 5 1600 but then i have to neglect a new smps for that, although I will be upgrading it in near future but for the time being, I'm a little concerned, And ram is lower as well for the time being.

The ryzen 3 build, I feel is pretty good, 8 gb ram, great smps but a 4 core, it's like a overall package.

Both config are of 14k.

Which one should I buy? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It depends on what games you are playing, if you are playing e-sports (fortnite, rocket leaque, etc) then the ryzen 2200G will be sufficient, if you are playing games like Battlefield etc then the ryzen 1600 will be much better due to having more cores. But you do need 8GB of ram in 2020. Especially for AAA games.

Also note mentioning is that the 2200G has an integrated GPU which is better than your GT730, atleast that I know of. So that will already give you better performance than current GPU (gt 730).

Are these components new btw? You could try to buy second hand? That will be much cheaper.

Reactions: radeonhd5450

radeonhd5450

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2013
It depends on what games you are playing, if you are playing e-sports (fortnite, rocket leaque, etc) then the ryzen 2200G will be sufficient, if you are playing games like Battlefield etc then the ryzen 1600 will be much better due to having more cores. But you do need 8GB of ram in 2020. Especially for AAA games.

Also note mentioning is that the 2200G has an integrated GPU which is better than your GT730, atleast that I know of. So that will already give you better performance than current GPU (gt 730).

Are these components new btw? You could try to buy second hand? That will be much cheaper.

Hey, thanks for a quick response.
Yes, all the components stated are absolutely new. I'm really not looking towards used components due to previous bad experiences. I was thinking that i should go with ryzen 5. As with ryzen 3 i wont be able to get a proper experience with a single set of ram. I've heard these performs well in dual channel configurations. So, I'll buy 1600 as of now with a 4gb ram, and will add a newer set of 8gb ram later next month. I'm just worried about my cheapo smps, but atleast 6 cores will be some what future proof. And lastly thank you very much for helping me decide what to go with.