[SOLVED] Need Big Help ASAP Something Wrong WIth My Computer

Today my computer started to crash at random times it just makes my screen freeze and mouth pointer in the same place cant move it and my keyboard and mouse and all my computer hardware still running but its frozen. Watching something and then whole screen freezes have to turn my computer off.

Tried installing windows again
Testing My Ram
Nothing is overheating
GPU is boiling hot
My PSU Bought in July 2019

CPU
Intel Core i9 @ 3.60GHz
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

RAM
32GB

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z390 AORUS MASTER-CF (U3E1) 23 °C

Graphics
XB271HU A (2560x1440@165Hz)
ROG PG278QR (2560x1440@165Hz)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (MSI)

Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD)) 29 °C
931GB Seagate ST1000DX002-2DV162 (SATA ) 22 °C
953GB NVMe INTEL SSDPEKNW01 (Unknown (SSD))

EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2, 80+ TITANIUM 1000W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, Includes FREE Power On Self Tester, Power Supply 220-T2-1000-X3

Last edited:
Solution
paste on cpu could cause issue specialy if she is conductive so you have to clean it carefully with isopropyl alcool and made sure you dont bent any pins on cpu or base could you have this cpu test in another system .

Replaced the motherboard today and just started up my computer with no crashes or freezes and everything running smoothly again so am glad normaly crashes when go into windows now its not.

Pizza PowerXYZ

Commendable
Apr 28, 2019
Probably a corrupted windows file in one of the drives
But when you reinstalled windows, did you select "delete everything" or did you choose to keep the apps?
If you kept the apps, an important file is corrupted
If not, your CPU or GPU may be defective

Probably a corrupted windows file in one of the drives
But when you reinstalled windows, did you select "delete everything" or did you choose to keep the apps?
If you kept the apps, an important file is corrupted
If not, your CPU or GPU may be defective

My cpu only bought it this year and the temps on the cpu is running good and worked good in games so might not be a cpu but just removed my SSD drive and installing windows on my other ssd card that plugged into motherboard and see if that helps. Also ordered a new PSU to see if that helps.

Ram is wo sticks or four? All from the same kit?
Have the latest bios?

Yes done a memory test ram is working good not the gpu took it out and it crashed with using the cpu and i have updated my motherboard to F9.

I could have an faulty power supply unit so bought a new one and its coming today so going to swap it same model and make dont have to connect things again. Just hope it stops crashing. CPU is running good not hot good temps running at 4.5ghz. Looks like my PSU is not giving volts and it crashing my system

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Seems the GPU only has 3GB of memory (see OP's first post). That can't be right for a legit RTX 2080 ti.

Either it is getting misreported or this is potentially a counterfeit device. From where did this GPU originate (where did you buy it?)?

Seems the GPU only has 3GB of memory (see OP's first post). That can't be right for a legit RTX 2080 ti.

Either it is getting misreported or this is potentially a counterfeit device. From where did this GPU originate (where did you buy it?)?
Bought it from gaming store just copied information from speecy but I will check if it running at 11gb because my games run fast and smooth

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Might want to check with gpu-z as well. Or hwinfo.

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "short text report",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons
don't need to post specs here (of course can) ,but it's a way to see what is i your pc.

Updated just swapped power unit have the same one and checked my temps it was running between 35-45 on cpu now its loading on 25-35. So my replacement must be sending good power to my units and my other one was giving low power and that why it might crashed because it was overheating PSU

Idling temps and its going into 4.90ghz speed is 25-35 and when my old PSU done that it be in the 50s so think i was right the psu is faulty!

Just quick update computer still crashing with an new PSU and installed windows fresh on another ssd stil having the same faults. I think its the motherboard because when i press shut down it wont shut of the system fans still spinning and such so must be a fault with the motherboard also found some paste on cpu pins but going to replace them today.

I am worried that it's the ram that marking my screen freeze read many topics but my ram has been working great good memory speeds also did cmd and no errors are found but my motherboard will not shut down on it's own have to press power button because if it was my ram the bad symtoms will come right away but motherboards and cpu can cause blue screens and freezes to.

paste on cpu could cause issue specialy if she is conductive so you have to clean it carefully with isopropyl alcool and made sure you dont bent any pins on cpu or base could you have this cpu test in another system .

Replaced the motherboard today and just started up my computer with no crashes or freezes and everything running smoothly again so am glad normaly crashes when go into windows now its not.

Solution