[SOLVED] Need buy a new RAM: Please guide me, I'm new to these

rakinar2

Commendable
Oct 26, 2021
I've an old core i7 9th gen gaming desktop pc with 8 GB RAM, but now I want to upgrade its RAM to 16 GB. Can anyone please tell me which brand is best for desktop RAM?

Solution
Intel is not very sensitive to brand, so you can buy any RAM as long as it is compatible with your platform.

Ideally you should aim for an identical stick of 8gb or kit of 2x4gb as you already have depending on your board, but mixing RAM is never guaranteed to work, anyway you do it. It does tend to work more often than not though.

Or you can purchase a fresh 2x8gb kit. Something like this...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Memory | Silicon Power XPOWER Turbine 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory | $49.97 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $49.97
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-30 09:40 EDT-0400 |
Intel is not very sensitive to brand, so you can buy any RAM as long as it is compatible with your platform.

Ideally you should aim for an identical stick of 8gb or kit of 2x4gb as you already have depending on your board, but mixing RAM is never guaranteed to work, anyway you do it. It does tend to work more often than not though.

Or you can purchase a fresh 2x8gb kit. Something like this...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Memory | Silicon Power XPOWER Turbine 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory | $49.97 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $49.97
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-30 09:40 EDT-0400 |

Reactions: CountMike
Solution