Need Camera Drivers, Proscan Action Camera PAC1908

YagiHige

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016
Need a working driver, even a generic that might work for a similar camera, for Proscan Action Camera. It's a cheap rubbish 720p camera, but you think in this day and age it would actually include drivers even if not plug-and-play.

Model No.: PAC1908

No, it's not on their website, and any functional driver or driver suggestions would help, anything that normally works for a plug-up 720p camera. Tried Vivitar drivers, but those are just as hard to find apparently.

I technically have 2 cameras needing drivers, but the second one is even more obscure, it's a Vibe Dash Cam that doesn't even have a website, it too is PC-Enabled, but it's plug-and-play drivers do nothing more than generate a color-flashing grid and a deep delayed audio.

YagiHige

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016

I already plugged it in, opened device manager, and selected "update drivers" and "automatically search the web". Would Windows Update do anything different? I just did it and it didn't appear to do anything different.

Windows insists on "Generic Imaging Device". It doesn't produce an image when using the Camera as a device through OBS, I'm assuming it doesn't produce one any other way either. The other dashcam that I mentioned does something similar, except it generates a grid of colored flickering boxes and a deep delayed audio through OBS with same problem.