Question Need code for scrolling issue

mycdnprince

Commendable
Mar 5, 2021
Hi There,
I have the following code in my footer section that creates a scrolling page for my web site:

/* Styling for FOOTER SCROLL */
.td-footer-template-wrap .td-footer-wrap {
position: fixed;
width: 100%;
left: 0;
bottom: 0;
z-index:0!important;
border-top: none;
}
.td-main-content-wrap {
position: relative;
background: #fff;
margin-bottom: 350px;
border-bottom: 2px solid #dddcdc;
z-index:1!important;
}

The problem I have is that I need to disable this scrolling coding for mobile pages. Do ^not want scrolling on mobile. Can anyone please tell how I can do this. I'm stumpt, I've tried several different ways but with no success. The Theme I'm using is tagDiv's Newspaper Theme (if that really matters?). Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks, John

Ralston18

Titan
What have you tried thus far?

Show the "several different ways" (code) that you tried and the corresponding results - error messages etc..

The root requirement is needing to know when a mobile device is being used to view the website.

How that being determined?

mycdnprince

Commendable
Mar 5, 2021
What have you tried thus far?

Show the "several different ways" (code) that you tried and the corresponding results - error messages etc..

The root requirement is needing to know when a mobile device is being used to view the website.

How that being determined?

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. This is what I've tried so far...

/* Styling for FOOTER SCROLL */
.scrollbar .td-footer-template-wrap .td-footer-wrap {
overflow-x: hidden;
}
.scrollbar .td-main-content-wrap {
width: 100%;
}

fyi, scrollbar is an extra class that I've applied to the Newspaper theme's cloud footer template. After applying the above nothing changed.

John

Ralston18

Titan
Styling: does that code tell the viewing device how any given page should be presented and scrolled thereafter. Or broken into smaller viewable pages suitable for a mobile device.

The question remains: how is it being determined if the website viewing device is mobile?

You need some sort of logic (IF-THEN-ELSE) to determine if the displayed page is to scroll/wrap or not based on that determination.

And if not scrolling the code will need to break the full page into viable, non-scrolling, individual pages that can then be viewed via the applicable key presses on the mobile device.

Reactions: mycdnprince

mycdnprince

Commendable
Mar 5, 2021
One needs to know the theme in question which you don't so you wouldn't be able to provide the answer I'm looking for. Thanks anyways, I think I'll just try another forum. I just realized this one is more for hardware questions.