Need coldest cpu cooler

Dogsnapper6

Reputable
Nov 23, 2016
I need to know what the best preforming AIO is but all the list competition type what’s the best cooler of 2017 adds in cost and sound level and that’s the part I don’t care about is how loud the fans are really bc I’ll have the speakers above that or headphones on anyway. I have an i7 7700k on an asus Maximus code and right now I have a Cryorig R1 and my CPU is at 4.7 so in Battlefield 1 I’m getting temps into the upper 70’s and I don’t like it I had a single fan radiator cooler before on my 4790k and it stayed in the upper 50’s low 60’s I use to think air was just as good as water but I don’t believe anymore so I just want to know if anyone knows which all in one preferably a 360mm with the three fans but if there is a double fan configuration cooler that can keep it cooler I’m a little New if ya can’t tell so I just want to keep processor as cold as possible without going to custom job thanks a lot in advance.

Solution
not sure if youve looked into delidding... but our 7700k's run hot. if you REALLY want the temps down... i'd look into delidding it. 50$ services are available i believe. That should help the temps quite a bit.

also i agree with richie. Unless you go with a custom loop.... id definitely consider the noctua d15. its massive, and if the fans ever do fail... you at least have a giant heat sink on there to keep the cpu from instantly burning up before you notice the temps get high.

I've read too many horror stories where the pump will fail and the cpu gets super hot before you realize it. or leaks (probably solved by now though with all of the new fittings and such)

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015
not sure if youve looked into delidding... but our 7700k's run hot. if you REALLY want the temps down... i'd look into delidding it. 50$ services are available i believe. That should help the temps quite a bit.

also i agree with richie. Unless you go with a custom loop.... id definitely consider the noctua d15. its massive, and if the fans ever do fail... you at least have a giant heat sink on there to keep the cpu from instantly burning up before you notice the temps get high.

I've read too many horror stories where the pump will fail and the cpu gets super hot before you realize it. or leaks (probably solved by now though with all of the new fittings and such)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS