[SOLVED] Need Compatibility Advice for Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 470

Jan 8, 2021
So I'm thinking of getting the Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 470 for my Cyberpower PC. I read that it would be a good GPU for my AMD FX 4300 CPU, but I'm worried over the fact that my computer is a Cyberpower PC. I've had a bad experience with the brand before when trying to install new hardware, but I hadn't checked if that hardware was compatible with it. Just wanted to be sure before I break my computer again lol.

Solution
my r9 380 requires a 500W psu with a single 8 pin connector,so i decided to replace my garbage psu with a 10$ 500W unit,and quess what,no screen.
Bought a legitimate 700W psu,it all worked perfectly fine.
You card needs atleast 400W,and with your psu being 500W,you are really gonna push it,which you never want to do.Plus the unit is garbage so even those 500W are not stable.
I understand that you are on a budget,but would you rather buy a gpu,then fry it with a garbage psu,or would you be smart and invest in a better psu,then buy the GPU.
I think 2nd option is way better.
Jan 8, 2021
That PSU needs to go. Apevia has some of the worst quality PSU's, in the business.
Lol. Well it was a cheap computer, but like I said I'm kind of afraid to mess with it at all, and I'm on a budget. I read that the card needs at least 400W and my cheapo PSU has 500W, surely that's good enough, right?

Last edited:
my r9 380 requires a 500W psu with a single 8 pin connector,so i decided to replace my garbage psu with a 10$ 500W unit,and quess what,no screen.
You card needs atleast 400W,and with your psu being 500W,you are really gonna push it,which you never want to do.Plus the unit is garbage so even those 500W are not stable.
I understand that you are on a budget,but would you rather buy a gpu,then fry it with a garbage psu,or would you be smart and invest in a better psu,then buy the GPU.

Solution
Jan 8, 2021
Well the point of my post was to see what you guys thought, and I thank you for your helpful responses. I'll just have to wait to invest I guess.