Need Consultation On New PC

FatFunkyMonkey

Reputable
May 14, 2015
Hello,
I've decided to build a new pc and need some questions to be answered as well as advice and tips. My specs.
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
Memory: Dominator® Platinum Series — 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2666MHz C12 Memory Kit
Storage: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512Gb
Graphics: GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Case: Obsidian Series® 900D Super Tower Case
Power Supply:
Please bear with me, I do have quite a few questions. 1) Is it fine to use a single SSD as my primary storage instead of like a HHD and a SSD as a secondary storage? 2) What would the total wattage of this unit be? 3) Should I go with air cooling or liquid cooling? 4) If I were to go with air cooling could anyone recommend a good way to setup fans (Amount of Fans and perfect positioning) I may have more questions later but these are my main focus now. I appreciate any help given :)

Solution
I see, Looks like everything will work together like it should, and I really have nothing to change.

Hope it goes well!
You can use a single SSD, but the total capacity will be less than going with a smaller SSD and a separate HDD which is what most folks do. I would go with air cooling as it will be less money, and simpler to setup. The fan setup will depend on if you are planning to OC. If you put this setup into PCPart Picker it will give you the wattage.

kwa-e

Admirable
My two cents

-Get a cheaper motherboard, The Maximus isn't going to fare any better in terms of gaming performance. Get a $150 motherboard like the Z97X-UD3H and call it a day.

-Too much RAM, 8GB is more than enough for than enough for today's uses. Go for 16GB's at maximum for future readiness, don't get anymore and save yourself a pretty penny

-Do you really need an expensive case like the 900D?, I doubt that you don't need anything more than a 130USD mid tower.

-Raid 0 2x250GB SSD's, Gotta go fast!~ (And get an 70USD 2TB harddrive, You'll need the extra space I guarantee you.)

-You can save and get a 4690K i5 instead, The i7 has no real benefits in gaming considering it's high price.

-OPTIONAL: Go on a vacation with all the money you've saved!

As for the PSU, 650W should be plenty, Go for 850W or 900W if you plan on SLI'ing in the future, Get a tier 1 or 2 PSU in this list and it should do you fine.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

FatFunkyMonkey

Reputable
May 14, 2015
Thanks for the advice Kwa-e. As far as ram I will most likely go with 16GB and the only reason why is for future preference because I will be playing games like Witcher at Max Settings in 1080p. I choose the 4790k for overclock potential and the 900D because I will SLI two GTX 980 Ti in the future and most likely water cool. I know the 900d is great for water cooling