Need Cooling Help

Aug 10, 2018
I currently have cyroig H7 cooler for my i7-7700k but my CPU is going up to 70 degrees Celsius and I have 3 case fans. I was hesitant to switch over to liquid cooling because of upkeep but I am open to anything now because I would like to preserve my CPU as long as possible.
Case-Corsair 750D Airflow Edition
Memory-GSkill TridentZ RGB
Part List-https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FxKZ9J

Solution
So, 70C isn't a bad temp on this CPU. It is meant to operate at that temp, actually it is meant to operate upwards of 80C-90C. If you are getting 70C, then you are in good shape. It should easily last many years. The majority of water coolers won't do a whole lot better. You might be able to get it into the 60s but it isn't going to really do anything to improve performance unless you are overclocking. In which case it might give you a little more headroom to push the frequency higher.

Short of delidding the CPU and replacing the cheap TIM with liquid metal, you aren't going to get a drastic drop in temps, but you run the risk of killing the CPU.

So, I don't really think you have a problem here. The CPU is not in danger or being...
So, 70C isn't a bad temp on this CPU. It is meant to operate at that temp, actually it is meant to operate upwards of 80C-90C. If you are getting 70C, then you are in good shape. It should easily last many years. The majority of water coolers won't do a whole lot better. You might be able to get it into the 60s but it isn't going to really do anything to improve performance unless you are overclocking. In which case it might give you a little more headroom to push the frequency higher.

Short of delidding the CPU and replacing the cheap TIM with liquid metal, you aren't going to get a drastic drop in temps, but you run the risk of killing the CPU.

So, I don't really think you have a problem here. The CPU is not in danger or being stressed. You should be just fine.

Solution
I'm not sure if you can improve on the 7700k. Since it is known to run hotter. On my 6600K I used a Corsair H110i which held my gaming temps to sub 60C. Is 10C worth $120? That's assuming the deficiencies of the 7700k allow you to actually get that 10C. I built my system with the 110i in mind. Since you've already plunked down on the H7, that's an added expense you'll have to take into consideration.

Aug 10, 2018

Thank you so much, clears up a lot. You can see I am much noob when it come this. But if this is normal then thats good. Thank you for the fast response and detailed explanation. Much Appreciated Sir