[SOLVED] need cooling pad for gx502gw asus

Solution
Ay, I've struggled with my gaming laptop over this issue for over 2 years, and I will save you time and money by suggesting this... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WSZWNMM?psc=1

This puppy is adjustable and outputs (or intakes) up to like 160 CFM . It almost feels like if I put some sort of skirt on my laptop, I could get it to hover. It's loud as hell when cranked up, but really quiet when half and lower. I've got my laptop suspended under a shelf with this thing lying below it. I was seriously getting up to 99C while in MSFS with massive throttling.. Now with this fan and a repaste with Grizzly Thermal Kryonaut, so far, hasn't gone over 88C...and that's after HOURS of flying in MSFS. I didn't disable...

sylas

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Ay, I've struggled with my gaming laptop over this issue for over 2 years, and I will save you time and money by suggesting this... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WSZWNMM?psc=1

This puppy is adjustable and outputs (or intakes) up to like 160 CFM . It almost feels like if I put some sort of skirt on my laptop, I could get it to hover. It's loud as hell when cranked up, but really quiet when half and lower. I've got my laptop suspended under a shelf with this thing lying below it. I was seriously getting up to 99C while in MSFS with massive throttling.. Now with this fan and a repaste with Grizzly Thermal Kryonaut, so far, hasn't gone over 88C...and that's after HOURS of flying in MSFS. I didn't disable turbo or limit performance in any way. As a matter of fact, I've overclocked my GTX 1060 Max Q by 200mhz on the core and 400mhz on the memory, and undervolted my 8750H -0.150 core/ring voltage offset, and -0.60 on the GT slice/un-slice. I've gone through hell getting to where I am with it, and buying the fan early on would have saved me from buying 3 different laptop coolers, and multiple attempts at pasting/re-pasting with various brands. Basically $200 pissed away. edit Ay man, I just watched the vid on your laptop. You don't have any intakes on the bottom. Cooling won't really work for you like it does for me....unless you break out the dremel

Last edited:
Solution