[SOLVED] Need Cpu / already own a cooler

fenqo

Commendable
Apr 4, 2018
Hello everyone, i need your input, please.

I need a new cpu motherboard and ram set. I currently own an old haswell cpu set and i also already have the thermalright true spirit 140p, cooler. I am choosing between ryzen 5 3600 (205 euros) and i5 10400f (165 euros). I think my cooler has support for the i5 but not the ryzen, so thats a serious + on the i5. I also found a rog strix b460mobo (150 euros) and some gskill 16gig ram for 90 euros for the i5. What would you guys choose? I need it for light gaming and streaming, and a bit of editing/rendering. Which cpu is best to get value wise? The i5 is cheaper and will probably work with my cooler, but the ryzen? I cannot buy the ryzen 5 5600x because it costs 340 euros here.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
" Can you please tell me why youd choose the i5 over the ryzen? "
- i5 is priced cheaper,while performing the same in gaming.
Main reason is the price.
"Also any input on the asus rog strix b460-h? "
To be honest,you could get away with a H410 motherboard,if you dont mind micro-atx form factor and lack of rgb on the motherboard of course.
It has the same ram frequency support as H410 motherboard,pcie gen 3.0 same as H410.
If you need a basic board which is going to work with the i5 10400F,you can go H410.
If you need more than 1 GPU,2 m.2 slots,4 ram slots,RGB,more SATA slots,then go for the ASUS ROG STRIX B460-H.
Other than that,i dont see a reason for going with B460 instead of H410.

fenqo

Commendable
Apr 4, 2018
Some mmo rpgs like blade and soul. maybe some grim dawn. Can you please tell me why youd choose the i5 over the ryzen? Also any input on the asus rog strix b460-h? Basically because of covid i dont have many motherboard options, if i get anything else it could take a month or more to arrive, but i found this mobo ready for delivery.

To be honest,you could get away with a H410 motherboard,if you dont mind micro-atx form factor and lack of rgb on the motherboard of course.
It has the same ram frequency support as H410 motherboard,pcie gen 3.0 same as H410.
If you need a basic board which is going to work with the i5 10400F,you can go H410.
If you need more than 1 GPU,2 m.2 slots,4 ram slots,RGB,more SATA slots,then go for the ASUS ROG STRIX B460-H.

Reactions: fenqo
Solution

fenqo

Commendable
Apr 4, 2018
If you need more than 1 GPU,2 m.2 slots,4 ram slots,RGB,then go for the ASUS ROG STRIX B460-H.
Thank you, the main reason why i chose the 460 is because thats whats available for me at the moment, but because i own a corsair 540 case i really wouldnt want to see a tiny mobo in it, so i guess the atx 460 is a good size for me. The ram upgrade is also a concern, if i get the cheaper 410 i wouldnt be able to add another 16 gigs of memory. By the way i also have the option of going with the
asus tuf gaming b460 plus for around 20 euros cheaper. Which of the 2 should i get? I like the strix better by looks but idk if they have any other differences. Does the tuf also have led?

Thank you, the main reason why i chose the 460 is because thats whats available for me at the moment, but because i own a corsair 540 case i really wouldnt want to see a tiny mobo in it, so i guess the atx 460 is a good size for me. The ram upgrade is also a concern, if i get the cheaper 410 i wouldnt be able to add another 16 gigs of memory. By the way i also have the option of going with the
asus tuf gaming b460 plus for around 20 euros cheaper. Which of the 2 should i get? I like the strix better by looks but idk if they have any other differences. Does the tuf also have led?
As much as i can see TUF has a bit of LED at the bottom of the motherboard https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/TUF-GAMING-B460-PLUS/
Both have similar features.

TRENDING THREADS