Need Dell optiplex 790 sff power supply

Jan 3, 2019
Guys i was looking for a power supply for my dell optiplex 790 sff around 350-400 watts that can fin in the case bcoz i was looking for a Gpu but the power supply is just of 240 watts and i need a bigger one any suggetion for power supply

Solution
The 240 watt PSU can power up to a GTX1050Ti, which is as good as it gets in low propfile GPUs anyway.
The PSU seems small for a few reasons.
1- Dell uses a full time continuos power rating, not a peak unsustainable figure for advertising purposes. Add 50W for that.
2- An Optiplex has a 95W CPU limit so it needs less than a gaming computer there.
3- It has almost no extra bays, or expansion slots to power.
So 95W CPU +75W GTX1050Ti=170W + what else have you got?
Dell PSUs are quality parts with excellent overload protection. In fact they don't have enough connectors to overload them anyway.

Lutfij

Titan
If you did a search of the forums, here, you'll know that the OptiPlex's have garnered a lot of attention from the community but the SFF are the least loved in the series of OptiPlex's since they don't have replacement PSU's that are higher than 240W and have proprietary connectors.

In spite of having a regular 4pin EPS connector and a 24pin ATX connector, you could grab an ATX PSU off the shelf(aftermarket unit) but you will run into mounting issues and end up with a jerry-rigged PSU outside of the chassis. Furthermore, you might want to ditch any effort you put in terms of investments on that unit.

The 240 watt PSU can power up to a GTX1050Ti, which is as good as it gets in low propfile GPUs anyway.
The PSU seems small for a few reasons.
1- Dell uses a full time continuos power rating, not a peak unsustainable figure for advertising purposes. Add 50W for that.
2- An Optiplex has a 95W CPU limit so it needs less than a gaming computer there.
3- It has almost no extra bays, or expansion slots to power.
So 95W CPU +75W GTX1050Ti=170W + what else have you got?
Dell PSUs are quality parts with excellent overload protection. In fact they don't have enough connectors to overload them anyway.

Solution
Jan 3, 2019

Ok So cani run zotac Geforce gtx 1050ti mini without any problem of psu??

The ZOTAC Mini is a full height GPU and won't fit the SFF case. you need a low profile GPU. Since it's an ATX layout and has 2 expansion slots a 2 slot wide low profile card should fit. It has a UEFI BIOS. So a UEFI caapble card will work easily. A legacy card will need some BIOS settings changed to run. But the 240W PSU can power a low profile GTX1050Ti.