Need expert opinion

swtbobby

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2001
I just got a new monitor (Envision 775e) and a new Graphics Card (Geforce Ti4200 Asus Board). Whenever I am surfing the internet for around a half hour or so the screen locks for a second then the monitor turns off (but the power light stays on and it stays green) then the monitor turns back on again. Then off again (some way as the first time) then back on again and it is fine for another half hour or so then it does it again.

Here is my question. Since I just replaced both the monitor and the graphics card I don't know what can be causing the problem. I have never heard of anything like this before and would like to know if I should return the monitor or the graphics card.

BTW - I just reinstalled the Nvidia drivers and it is still doing it. I also installed the monitor driver and that did not help either.

Thx!

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
Installed motherboard drivers/patches as well (AGP, IDE, BIOS, etc..)?

Undeniable facts #12:
Wisdom follows stupidity like a bitch.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Try lowering the refresh rate on the monitor. I've seen monitors overheat!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>