[SOLVED] NEED EXTRA 4-PIN ATX CONNECTOR

Jan 20, 2021
Hi! First time to have my own pc and I may have a problem installing my graphics card. It needed a 4-pin ATX connector but my PSU doesn't have an extra ATX connector, is it possible to have a 4-pin Peripheral to 4-pix ATX assembly? just to compensate, or there is a need to buy another psu? Thanks guys!

Solution
Your Graphics card depending on which one you have use the PCIe slot to get it's power and PCIe Cables 6+2 pin if the GPU has power connectors. You do not use the extra 4 pin CPU power connector if you already have a 8 pin CPU power connector. The extra 4 pin is for extreme overclocking.

You don't seems to have an issue. What is your full system specs including that PSU brand and model?

Do not confuse PCIe Cable 6+2 pin to ATX power connector 8 and 4 pins. That's for your CPU and the PCIe cable is for your GPU.
Your Graphics card depending on which one you have use the PCIe slot to get it's power and PCIe Cables 6+2 pin if the GPU has power connectors. You do not use the extra 4 pin CPU power connector if you already have a 8 pin CPU power connector. The extra 4 pin is for extreme overclocking.

You don't seems to have an issue. What is your full system specs including that PSU brand and model?

Do not confuse PCIe Cable 6+2 pin to ATX power connector 8 and 4 pins. That's for your CPU and the PCIe cable is for your GPU.

Solution