[SOLVED] Need fan advice with prebuilt I purchased today

disposablegoon

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Need some advice. Just bought a cyberpower prebuilt (SLC7200BST). Everything seems fine out of the box, fans work. Just checked bios though and fan speed for "Chassis Fan 3" shows N/A. Is this typical for non-cpu fans? I'm pretty bad with pc building, but I thought I'd check bios to see if things were running normally and this bothered me a bit. Could it be that the chassis fans aren't connected directly to the motherboard? Just want to make sure this thing isn't going to be a lemon. Any input appreciated. View: https://imgur.com/a/auP8KTC

Solution
My case (Rosewill Rise Glow) has 3 140mm front fans and one 140mm top fan that are all cconnected to the case fan controller.
So since they are not connected to the MB they are not visible in the BIOS.
But my case has a switch that lets me set them at low medium or full speed.
I'm guessing your fans are also connected to a fan controller on the case so they also won't show up in the BIOS.

disposablegoon

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Yep not connected to the motherboard.
Is that ok? From what I've been reading that means the fans are powered directly by the PSU...So do they adjust to temperatures automatically or are they running at full speed? From what I've looked at inside, everything seems to be connected properly. I can't really chase the cables through the backpanel to see where they go - cable management is pretty tight (but good)

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
My case (Rosewill Rise Glow) has 3 140mm front fans and one 140mm top fan that are all cconnected to the case fan controller.
So since they are not connected to the MB they are not visible in the BIOS.
But my case has a switch that lets me set them at low medium or full speed.
I'm guessing your fans are also connected to a fan controller on the case so they also won't show up in the BIOS.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS