[SOLVED] Need feedback on this pc

Solution
Well it will work but there's some odd part choices. Storage is lacking (small/slow SSD) and depending on your budget and what your trying to do with the PC there may be some better choices.

What are your uses? (Gaming, Streaming, Editing, etc)
What monitor are you using?

While that AIO is fine for the 9700K it's not really good to use that in the H500 as intake as your going to just dump hot air into a (maybe?) gaming system which will cause higher temps on your GPU. Typically you want to setup your AIO as exhaust so putting it in the H500 you may want to set it up as exhaust through the front and change the orientation of the rear/top fans as intake or just change the case.

Also if your gaming at 1080P or 1440P I would save money...

WildCard999

Titan
Well it will work but there's some odd part choices. Storage is lacking (small/slow SSD) and depending on your budget and what your trying to do with the PC there may be some better choices.

While that AIO is fine for the 9700K it's not really good to use that in the H500 as intake as your going to just dump hot air into a (maybe?) gaming system which will cause higher temps on your GPU. Typically you want to setup your AIO as exhaust so putting it in the H500 you may want to set it up as exhaust through the front and change the orientation of the rear/top fans as intake or just change the case.

Also if your gaming at 1080P or 1440P I would save money and get the 2070 instead of 2080.

Solution

WildCard999

Titan
If 1080P/144hz+ or 1440P/144hz+ I'd take this instead, much cheaper, more RGB (all matches the RGB CPU cooler style and would replace the fans on the H500), faster and much more storage.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor ($288.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($129.00 @ B&H)
Memory: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($69.95 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Black Video Card ($489.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($75.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($84.99 @ Newegg Business)
Case Fan: Thermaltake - Riing 12 RGB 40.6 CFM 120mm Fan ($23.58 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Thermaltake - Riing 14 RGB 3-Pack 51.15 CFM 140mm Fans ($60.26 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1402.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-17 19:54 EDT-0400

Another option with Ryzen is that you could use the 1600/1700 as a placeholder until Ryzen 3rd Gen comes out in a couple of months and looks great spec wise (enough to compete with high end Intel IMHO).

I agree about the storage being inadequate. To improve load times, you'll want to have your games installed to the SSD, along with your OS and applications, and 240GB will only be enough to handle a few modern games.

Meanwhile, 500GB is a really low capacity for a hard drive, and I would definitely not pay close to $50 for one, as that's around what 1-2TB drives cost now, and nearly as much as you would pay for a much faster 500GB SSD. For not too much more than the cost of that 240GB SSD + 500GB hard drive, you could simply get a 1TB SATA SSD. Or perhaps go for a 500GB SSD + 2TB hard drive if you need lots of bulk storage.

Impu7se

Commendable
Feb 13, 2019
If 1080P/144hz+ or 1440P/144hz+ I'd take this instead, much cheaper, more RGB (all matches the RGB CPU cooler style and would replace the fans on the H500), faster and much more storage.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor ($288.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($129.00 @ B&H)
Memory: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($69.95 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Black Video Card ($489.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($75.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($84.99 @ Newegg Business)
Case Fan: Thermaltake - Riing 12 RGB 40.6 CFM 120mm Fan ($23.58 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Thermaltake - Riing 14 RGB 3-Pack 51.15 CFM 140mm Fans ($60.26 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1402.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-17 19:54 EDT-0400

Another option with Ryzen is that you could use the 1600/1700 as a placeholder until Ryzen 3rd Gen comes out in a couple of months and looks great spec wise (enough to compete with high end Intel IMHO).
I would personally like to stick with intel and in my country some prices may diferent from your for example. I got the ddr4 alredy for 125€ but at the same time corsair vegeance 2400mhz was like 200€ odd yeah? Also i bought the hdd as used for 15€ so there is lieft money for another 1 tb drive. Also the ssd, I got it off a sale for 20€.

Last edited:

Impu7se

Commendable
Feb 13, 2019

Also if your gaming at 1080P or 1440P I would save money and get the 2070 instead of 2080.

Well mostly for gaming and streaming. I have 144hz 1080p monitor:

Impu7se

Commendable
Feb 13, 2019

Alright thank you i got it

I would personally like to stick with intel and in my country some prices may diferent from your for example. I got the ddr4 alredy for 125€ but at the same time corsair vegeance 2400mhz was like 200€ odd yeah? Also i bought the hdd as used for 15€ so there is lieft money for another 1 tb drive. Also the ssd, I got it off a sale for 20€.
Yeah, I was wondering if you might already own the hard drive, since it seemed a somewhat odd choice compared to other options currently available in its price range when buying new. For future reference, you can mark something as already purchased or enter a custom price on PCPartPicker by clicking the little gear to the right of an item's price in your parts list. That way anyone making suggestions has an idea of what you already have. You can also change the country in the upper-right corner of the page for more relevant prices, though there's only a limited selection available at this time.

As for the storage, yeah, I still think it would be worthwhile to add more, as some games are getting quite large. Installing games to an SSD would be ideal for reducing load times.

Impu7se

Commendable
Feb 13, 2019
Yeah, I was wondering if you might already own the hard drive, since it seemed a somewhat odd choice compared to other options currently available in its price range when buying new. For future reference, you can mark something as already purchased or enter a custom price on PCPartPicker by clicking the little gear to the right of an item's price in your parts list. That way anyone making suggestions has an idea of what you already have. You can also change the country in the upper-right corner of the page for more relevant prices, though there's only a limited selection available at this time.

As for the storage, yeah, I still think it would be worthwhile to add more, as some games are getting quite large. Installing games to an SSD would be ideal for reducing load times.
But otherwise the Build is balanced?

It seems like a pretty nice high-end build. A 2080 might be a little overkill for 1080p resolution, but paired with a fast processor and a high refresh-rate screen, it should help keep frame rates well into the 100+ range with settings maxed in more recent games, so some might consider that extra graphics performance worth having.

Reactions: Impu7se