Need Feedback/Suggestions on Major PC Setup Upgrade

Jun 18, 2018
So I'll soon be doing an internship over the summer which will pay me $1315. I want to use this money to upgrade my current PC gaming setup. My current specs are:

i3-7100, GTX 960, 450W PSU, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 120GB SSD+1TB HDD, and a mid sized tower which I actually quite like. I also currently play in the living room on a 40" LG TV. I bought one of those cheap $30 M+KB combos and a cheap gaming headset, which I play on using two of those foldable eating tables and putting them close together, as well as a small and uncomfortable office chair. Wanting to upgrade from all these things, I quickly put this list together:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Razor22939/saved/8hn3FT

To be frank, I'm quite confident in all the parts I chose and don't think there will be any problems, but I still want any suggestions regarding what I plan on buying i.e. a better choice of keyboard, a more economical gaming chair choice, etc.

Please note that I didn't include some components in the new build like a case, PSU, etc because I plan on reusing some of my current ones.

Another thing: Since I'm currently in the living room, I plan on moving my setup into my room, hence the desk and [strike]Wi-Fi adapter[/strike] just gonna run a long ethernet cable instead into the room.

So if you guys think I should change something out for something else, please tell me as well as the reason why so that I can get the best out of my money. Hope you all have a wonderful day :)

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

a gtx 1060 is not going to be strong enough for 144hz gaming on anything newer

get a mobo with built in wi-fi