Hi guys,

So next week i'll be building my first PC and these are the parts i have chosen

AMD 5600x six core
Zotac AMP RTX 3080 10gb
Ram 16GB 3600Mhz
Corsair RM850x Fully gold modular
Confused between Gigabyte X570 UD and Asus prime B550 plus
And please suggest me a cooler for the CPU as well

My question is that should i spend more on Motherboard as i have a very tight budget since Rtx 3080 is quite expensive here and i don't want to downgrade on it with 3070 and is 10 gb Vram enough for high end gaming for 2 3 years ? Also should i go for Amd 5600x six core or Intel 10700 which one is better for both Rendering and Gaming.
Thank you so much in advance any advice is appreciated.

Solution
RTX 3080 is basically the fastest GPU on the market for most things. 3090 is a little faster but not worth the price jump, and really is supposed to be for people who do need large amounts of VRAM and don't want a Quadro or FirePro.

Now all of your Radeon 6000 alternatives have 16GB VRAM, so if that is your main concern, might want to head that way. All you really give up is ray tracing and some of Nvidia's other features, but rasterization performance is pretty close or better than Nvidia in a lot of things.

Gaming basically goes to AMD 5000 series at the moment, but 5600x is only a six core/twelve thread. 10700 is 8 cores and 16 threads. Of course AMD has 8, 12, and 16 core CPUs to pick from, while Intel stops at 10, and is expected...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
RTX 3080 is basically the fastest GPU on the market for most things. 3090 is a little faster but not worth the price jump, and really is supposed to be for people who do need large amounts of VRAM and don't want a Quadro or FirePro.

Now all of your Radeon 6000 alternatives have 16GB VRAM, so if that is your main concern, might want to head that way. All you really give up is ray tracing and some of Nvidia's other features, but rasterization performance is pretty close or better than Nvidia in a lot of things.

Gaming basically goes to AMD 5000 series at the moment, but 5600x is only a six core/twelve thread. 10700 is 8 cores and 16 threads. Of course AMD has 8, 12, and 16 core CPUs to pick from, while Intel stops at 10, and is expected to go back down to 8 on 11th gen.

If you don't need a lot of advanced features, B550 should be fine.

Hard to pick a cooler without a chassis, but any of your large air coolers or AIO coolers should do. be quiet! dark rock, Noctua NH-U12S, etc. Most 120 and 240mm AIO are made by a small number of actual manufacturers, pretty much interchangeable, picking between fans and features like RGB.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS