Question NEED Full Resolution + Refresh Rate List ???

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
Hello,

I need help getting the FULL Resolutions + Refresh Rate list for two different GPU's (or 1.5 you might say?)
And I don't just mean the Max Res and Refresh...

I need at least the Refresh Rate values for 1440p and 1080p please!

I need the specs to decide what would be the best Monitor I can buy that one of my GPU's can actual run/utilise fully.

And no - I can't just buy a new card as I'm just spending all my cash on my new Build :oops:

It's for these two items that I own:

• The Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC with Boost Edition; and the
  • Intel UHD 770 integrated GPU on my new 12th gen i7 - 12700K
I am also trying to avoid buying a new GPU for now since gaming is not my immediate priority; and I'm mainly going to be using my PC for Music Production (not video) and normal daily browsing etc.

Anyone use one of these or similar for music stuff - that can advise me on their experience?
Do you think they would be ok or cause issues?

That's why I'm trying to use one of these two; admittedly - not so great options.

I'm also curious if I can get away with a higher refresh rate monitor with one of these - how high do you think I could go?

I've tried contacting both Intel and Sapphire but not got any info so far (apart from max res and rate); and I've had no luck with repeated online searches 💩

Maybe you or someone you know has one of these and could check the manual or screenshot the GPU/Monitor Settings in Windows showing the complete list of Possible modes available (regardless of what Monitor you are running)

But please remember that the cable you use to connect your monitor can massively limit the max resolution and refresh rate you can get. So Try a DP or something if you have one and also state which version eg DP 1.4?

I hope someone might be able to help me out?

Thank you for your help

Cheers!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When you see a max resolution support mentioned on the GPU's spec's page, any resolution, so long as it doesn't exceed the max limits of the GPU, are supported. Another thing to keep in mind is that monitors will have their own optimal resolution beyond which things will begin to look warped or distorted.

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
Hi Lutfij

When you see a max resolution support mentioned on the GPU's spec's page, any resolution, so long as it doesn't exceed the max limits of the GPU, are supported

Yeah I know that - but I need to know what will the refresh rate be at 1440p or 1080p etc.
Logically the refresh rate should get higher the lower the resolution goes.

Thanks

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I have an HD 7950 3Gb connected with Hdmi in my second pc, and the max refresh rate is that of the monitor, witch is 75Hz at any resolution, but when I had my primary pc's monitor connected to that same card, It was capable of 144Hz over Mini Display port to Display port.

So this is some evidence that older cards can go as high as the monitor it's connected to allows, given that you use the correct cable.(So you need to check you GPU's ports)

You can just select, your desired resolution, and then select your compatible refresh rate under windows's display tab in settings.

Last edited:

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
I have an HD 7950 3Gb connected with Hdmi in my second pc, and the max refresh rate is that of the monitor, witch is 75Hz at any resolution, but when I had my primary pc's monitor connected to that same card, It was capable of 144Hz over Mini Display port to Display port.

So this is some evidence that older cards can go as high as the monitor it's connected to allows, given that you use the correct cable.

You can just select, your desired resolution, and then select your compatible refresh rate under windows's display tab in settings.

Hi itrip

Is there any chance you might be kind enough to test that again to double check for me?

I know the connection can have massive limitations depending on what you choose so this is hopeful news?

cheers

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Hi itrip

Is there any chance you might be kind enough to test that again to double check for me?

I know the connection can have massive limitations depending on what you choose so this is hopeful news?

cheers

I'm 100% sure that on an AMD HD 7950 or similar series card with mini DisplayPort to display port, you be at least able to get 144Hz.

I don't need to retest it, really no need and you can trust me on this because I played games with this config @ 1366x768x144Hz for many years on my HD 7950 3Gb, thus I know what is capable and should you wish to do the same then it should be possible for you too.

Playing games worked great at an resolution of 800x600x144Hz or 1366x768x144Hz usually with high settings...sometime and obviously some games do not go as high as the refresh rate but they can still V-sync @ 144Hz all the time, if you set it up correct.

Last edited:

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
I'm 100% sure that on an AMD HD 7950 or similar series card with mini DisplayPort to display port, you be at least able to get 144Hz

Hi again

I assume my 7970 OC is just slightly faster than yours - so I'm assuming it'll work exactly the same as yours at 1440p 144hz - at least -yes?

If it can do that - I'm curious how high a refresh rate can you get for non-gaming with one of our cards?
165hz 200hz 240hz 300hz etc? Could you please check the Graphics Drivers listing all potential modes/screenshot?

I know i'm probably being unrealistic - but even if can buy a new monitor now that goes from 144hz up to 165hz instead - that might really help a lot if i get a better gpu for gaming later?

cheers

Last edited: