[SOLVED] Need good advice about some PSU!!

Wokizni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
Hi, recently I have decided to buy some good PSU, my budget is 70-75$

I found some PSU
Brand New: Seasonic 620W M12II Bronze Evo SS-620GM2

Used: BeQuiet Straght Power10 700W

Brand New: Corsair CX750M and EVGA BQ 600w

Is it good to buy used psu?

My PC specs:
Ryzen 3 2200g
8GB DDR4
RX480 8GB Sapphire Nitro
Asus PRIME A320M-K
SSD 240GB and HDD 320GB

Also I'm planning to upgrade to Ryzen 5 2600 and upgrade to 16GB RAM and to buy some rgb case

Solution
Only EVGA 600BQ and Corsair CX750M (gray logo) is somehow acceptable.
Then get them, they're better than Seasonic M12II EVO 620W. If it were Seasonic M12II EVO 650W then it would've been okay as it's basically a completely different PSU but 620W version is more than a decade old group regulated design, i.e not a good choice for a build with RX480.
Im sorry, that didnt help me. I was just asking best psu for that price range, or best of those I mentioned in thread. Thank you
Sorry that you don't have the time to waste making a decision, only one of your choices is tier B, the others are tier C. We don't spoon feed, good luck. Bye.

RealBeast has a point.

Literally every one of the PSUs you listed are in the list he linked. And showed the one I suggested as being the better one. But if you could have been bothered to just click on the link and look at the list, you would have figured that out on your own. ;)

Reactions: RealBeast

Wokizni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
Sorry that you don't have the time to waste making a decision, only one of your choices is tier B, the others are tier C. We don't spoon feed, good luck. Bye.
Sorry m8, I was watching and exploring, but thats confusing me I dont know which of these are in my price range, are they budget, mid end or high end. I know that 80+ upper tier are more and more expensive. but I was just asking if u know best one for that price range or to choose best of those I mentioned.

Sorry for bothering you!

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
This one.
Interesting that you think EVGA BQ 600W is better than Corsair CX750M. CWT PUQ isn't particularly high-end platform but i still think it's better than Andyson M5. Can you elaborate ?
but thats confusing me I dont know which of these are in my price range, are they budget, mid end or high end.
You were asking us about specific list of PSUs, look at the tier list, you see all these PSUs there at various positions, with two last options you've mentioned having higher positions, so they're better, what's so confusing about that ? bq! SP 10 has even higher position because it's ACRF but it's also used so not really recommended.

Last edited:

Wokizni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
You were asking us about specific list of PSUs, look at the tier list, you see all these PSUs there at various positions, with two last options you've mentioned having higher positions, so they're better, what's so confusing about that ? bq! SP 10 has even higher position because it's ACRF but it's also used so not really recommended.

I was exploring a little bit and I think I will buy this one, I havent heard anything bad for Seasonic
Seasonic 620W M12II Bronze Evo SS-620GM2

I was exploring a little bit and I think I will buy this one, I havent heard anything bad for Seasonic
Seasonic 620W M12II Bronze Evo SS-620GM2

Let me get this straight....

You ask for advice. I tell you what the best choice on the list is and someone else tells you to look at a list that sorts your choices from good to bad and you're still going to get a PSU that nobody here would recommend?

Reactions: Juular

Wokizni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
Let me get this straight....

You ask for advice. I tell you what the best choice on the list is and someone else tells you to look at a list that sorts your choices from good to bad and you're still going to get a PSU that nobody here would recommend?
Look..
I have watched that list, and I am looking at it right now. Every PSU I searched in my country is over 100$. Only EVGA 600BQ and Corsair CX750M (gray logo) is somehow acceptable. I will still continue to search from the list. I dont need 1000w psu I think Im good with 600-700w. My PC is just for pubg, csgo, photoshop illustrator and other little programs. So hardest game for my pc is pubg

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Only EVGA 600BQ and Corsair CX750M (gray logo) is somehow acceptable.
Then get them, they're better than Seasonic M12II EVO 620W. If it were Seasonic M12II EVO 650W then it would've been okay as it's basically a completely different PSU but 620W version is more than a decade old group regulated design, i.e not a good choice for a build with RX480.

Solution

RealBeast

Titan
Sorry m8, I was watching and exploring, but thats confusing me I dont know which of these are in my price range, are they budget, mid end or high end. I know that 80+ upper tier are more and more expensive. but I was just asking if u know best one for that price range or to choose best of those I mentioned.

Sorry for bothering you!
No bother at all, I just don't keep up with prices -- they seem to change every other day.

Cx750m out of those.

Nothing inherently wrong with the seasonic apart from the decade old platform its on but the corsair is plain better.

Bq600? No wouldn't touch it, Evga simply can't be trusted with these models.

600 is an andyson, 650w is an HEC, 750w is an Enhance, have no idea what EVGA were playing at with that range at all.

Can you not get a 650w cxm? It's the best of that range when it comes to ripple and voltage regulation.

Last edited:
Look..
I have watched that list, and I am looking at it right now. Every PSU I searched in my country is over 100$. Only EVGA 600BQ and Corsair CX750M (gray logo) is somehow acceptable. I will still continue to search from the list. I dont need 1000w psu I think Im good with 600-700w. My PC is just for pubg, csgo, photoshop illustrator and other little programs. So hardest game for my pc is pubg

And so what invalidates my suggestion to get the 600BQ when I suggested it in post # 3????

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/need-good-advice-about-some-psu.3629047/#post-21872089

The CX750M is a similar topology/build quality, but doesn't it cost more as it is a 750W? Don't they have lower wattage versions of CX-M where you are or is the CX750M literally the same price as the 600BQ??

Cx750m out of those.

Nothing inherently wrong with the seasonic apart from the decade old platform its on but the corsair is plain better.

Bq600? No wouldn't touch it, Evga simply can't be trusted with these models.

600 is an andyson, 650w is an HEC, 750w is an Enhance, have no idea what EVGA were playing at with that range at all.

Can you not get a 650w cxm? It's the best of that range when it comes to ripple and voltage regulation.

Are you thinking of another "B" Series from EVGA? They only have about a dozen of them. AFAIK, all of the BQ are HEC.

Are you thinking of another "B" Series from EVGA? They only have about a dozen of them. AFAIK, all of the BQ are HEC.

Honestly you may be right now.
The trouble is I'm not even sure anymore, back in 2016 there were models that only spanned +50w, with enhance and andyson amongst them

HEC may make the +0w models, they've never manufactured a psu in +50 increments over the 100w to my knowledge.

I kind of give in with EVGA now apart from their higher end models, ypu can never be entirely sure what you're getting, they've completed saturated the lower/mid range bronze market with different model types for absolutely no reason.

I'll stick with the cx as a recommendation simply because I 100% know what it actually is.

Reactions: jonnyguru

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020

Wokizni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
Hi guys!!
(all mentioned psu are around 80-85 eur)
After reading this I found some Corsair PSUs
RM550x
CX650M
SF600

-------OTHER-------

SAMA Armor 750w 80+ Gold
SAMA Forza 750w 80+ Gold
CoolerMaster Reactor Gold 650w
CoolerMaster MWE Gold 650w
XFX TS 550w 80+ Gold
Seasonic Core GC-650 Gold 650w
Seasonic Focus Plus 650w 80+ Gold
EVGA 650GQ 650w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w 80+ Gold
CoolerMaster V650S 80+ Gold
beQuiet Pure Power 11 600w (this one is little over my budget, just for opinion)

Thank u guys all for helping me, I really need this cuz my psu is dying day by day and now Im scared cause I couldn't afford another PC, I need PC for work.