Question Need good basic PSU around $100, SF Leadex3 or RMx Series. Other?

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I don't do heavy gaming, is just a fairly simple build: i3-10100, Asus Rog Strix B460, no gpu yet but will be in range of an RX 570 4GB. I purchased a CX650 that was DOA, I just want a quiet dependable PSU, there are so many to choose from and so many out of stock, please just help me pick a reliable one.
Oh, and the Super Flower Leadex 3 Gold 550W, and the Corsair RM650X were the two I'd found in stock around same price, but I'm kinda flying blind, reading threads, reviews etc.
Thanks.

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Is it really such a no brainer? I agree it seems that the RM650X has a better build quality and more presence--I've also read that Super Flower has had some trouble keeping up production as they make their own, and others, psu; while Corsair uses different companies, plus lends their own engineering resources to the psu build. I've been comparing the 2 all morning and they seem so closely balanced, where one lacks it makes up for strengths elsewhere and vice-versa. The FDB fan on the SF is nice, but a good rifle fan on the Corsair isn't necessarily worse, corsair using different companies makes quality control suspect, but SF doing everything themselves could equally be an issue. Which one is better? At this point I'd just really like to know.