need GPU - 900 Dollars budget

Joniostis

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
Hi guys,

Its simple, i need a GPU for my build. I want something of the charts powerfull. 1 Titan for instance will not cut it. 1 780ti either... So i will have to go SLI/CF of course. My budget is MAXIMUM 900 dollars. AMD or NV doesn't matter. Cooling and sound is not that big of an issue. Ive been looking into 780 sli, 770 sli, 7990, 780ti, 290 cf, 290x cf, 280x cf and so on and on,... I'm lost, please help!

Thanks in advance

Cheers

LandoCommando

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Joniostis,

As has been stated in many other threads, if you're going to ask questions about a GPU you NEED to give the people on the thread a little more info. The more info you give us, the more/better info we can give you.
With a budget of $900, that obviously means that you ARE limited in what you can purchase. The minimum info that helps us is this:
#1. What processor do you have?
#2. How much Ram do you have?
#3. What is your monitor resolution and how many monitors will you have?
#4. Are you going to run stock or overclock ANY of your components?
#5. What kind of games do you play?
#6. Are you looking at maxing out all settings or looking for a good playing experience?

All of those things will help us out a lot more. For example, If you are a person who is looking to play games like FarCry 3 and Battlefield 4 on medium to high settings and good FPS, you can get something like a GTX 670 or 760 and have a GREAT gaming experience. Some people want to be able to max out everything on every game, so those same video cards would not work out for them. So, based on that example, if you have $500 to spend on a GPU, you have to see whether is would be more beneficial to buy one 760 ($250) and play games today and in the future on high settings and after 3-4 years, get rid of that card and then spend another $250 on another card ($500 total) and play games for the following 3-4 years on high settings, OR if you should buy one GTX 780. Someone who is happy playing on high settings would be looking at 6-8 years out of their two different cards where someone who MUST play on Ultra settings would end up spending much more $$ over that same timeframe. Just something to think about.

6 to 8 years out of any video card setup and being able to play on high settings is a stretch. If you did 2 780's in sli you would be set for ultra for the next 2 years lets say and high for the next 4-5 and thats if we stay on the same scale increase with games as we have seen over the years. 6-8 years if the cards even last that long would be medium, medium/high at best.

LandoCommando

Honorable
May 1, 2013

Azzaazel_99,

Apparently you didn't read my post close enough. I did not say that a single card would last 6-8 years. What I said was that you could buy a good card today like a GTX 760 and be able to play every game on high settings. That would cost you $250 and get you probably 3-4 years out of it. Once THAT card started to lag, you could spend the remaining $250 ($500 total) on another NEW card, whatever card that may 3-4 years from now, and continue to play the games released in the future on high settings. I never said a single card would last 6-8 years. Buy card now, use it till it meets its limit, get rid of it and buy a new card. I hope that clears up my post.

Joniostis

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013

I'm looking for ultra, 1440p on one monitor of course, min 80 fps,
All new triple A rated FPS Games

other components:

i7 4770k
Asus Maximus VI Formula
32gb 2400mhz RAM
h100i for CPU OC
Seasonic X-1250 PSU
750d
4tb HDD
250gb SSD

I think i'll go with a 780 ti SLI from PALIT, their Jetstream edition.
that's an absolute beast of a card and two of them will rock any game at 1440p ultra above 80fps now and in the (near) future
however, that'll cost me 1200 euros, but if i really stretch my budget that could work.

Joni

TRENDING THREADS