[SOLVED] Need gpu for old system

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hello everybody, I’m planning on taking my parents old desktop computer after I build them a new one and would like to upgrade and resell it. I want a new graphics card In there as right now they have an hd 5450
Here are the specs I know:
CPU: Intel Core I7-860
8gb Ddr3 ram
My upgrades:
I’ll put a 500gb hard drive in here and take the old ssd they have for something else.
I’ll put a 450-500w power supply in here as well, propably from Corsair or EVGA, or maybe Seasonic
I’d like a graphics card in here that won’t be a bottleneck. But I don’t want the CPU to be a bottleneck either.
My idea right now is an RX 560 or 460. Is that okay? I’d like some other ideas too. Thanks!

Solution
Hello everybody, I’m planning on taking my parents old desktop computer after I build them a new one and would like to upgrade and resell it. I want a new graphics card In there as right now they have an hd 5450
8gb Ddr3 ram
My upgrades:
I’ll put a 500gb hard drive in here and take the old ssd they have for something else.
I’ll put a 450-500w power supply in here as well, propably from Corsair or EVGA, or maybe Seasonic
I’d like a graphics card in here that won’t be a bottleneck. But I don’t want the CPU to be a bottleneck either.
My idea right now is an RX 560 or 460. Is that okay? I’d like some other ideas too. Thanks!

I would caution against this route. Even with a good GPU...

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
8gb Ddr3 ram
My upgrades:

I would caution against this route. Even with a good GPU in there you're not going to get back the money you put into putting in a PSU and GPU. Sell it as is and take what you can get.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS