need graphics card help

rgs80074

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
hello everyone

I recently replaced my pc with a new build. i turned my old pc into a server. up until today i had a radeon 7750 ddr3 video card installed in the old pc.

i was using the intel 8700k built in graphics on the new pc

but I was informed my old card would be better than the built in graphics and I defiantly noticed a difference in how the video's look in the new pc now with the card than when it was using the on board video.

the server pc boots just fine with no graphics card, but when i used the program teamviewer to login to it to make some changes i found it so unusable but with no graphics card it was using windows basic card drivers with very very poor resolutions making everything so large and unable to navigate and was not able to change the graphics resolutions.

i'd have no problem getting a better card and putting it in my new pc and putting the radeon card back in the old pc

my problem is the whole graphics card naming scheme confuses me and not sure how updated the charts i found was.

but given i don't really do any real gaming, mainly video watching hd or 4k, i have two monitors one connected via display port and one via hdmi. one monitor hd 1080 and the other 4k.

that radeon card did everything i needed but if i am goign to buy a new one i might as well as upgrade it some.

i'd like to try to keep it under 100 bucks but not sure what to get, i shop mainly off newegg.com and amazon.com

thanks

ryan

Solution
If you don't do any gaming then getting a GT 1030 or RX 550 will be more then enough for your needs.
If you do basic gaming then a GTX 1050 would be a better option.

Just make sure to check that the card you want to get has the right connectors for hooking up your 2 displays, some of the low profile GT 1030 cards only have DVI and HDMI connectors.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
If you don't do any gaming then getting a GT 1030 or RX 550 will be more then enough for your needs.
If you do basic gaming then a GTX 1050 would be a better option.

Just make sure to check that the card you want to get has the right connectors for hooking up your 2 displays, some of the low profile GT 1030 cards only have DVI and HDMI connectors.

Solution