Question Need hardline liquid cooling advice please

unryl

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2012
I need help, I just built my current build and now ive decided I want to upgrade my cpu to a 9900k and give this 9700k to my brother.

My build is

Cougar Panzer Max
ASUS ROG STRIX z390-E
Intel 9700K with Cooler Master 240R rgb AiO
32gb G.Skill royal trident z rgb 3200mhrtz
Corsair RM750x with custom sleeved cables
EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2080ti Black
3x Corsair mag levi rgb 120mm fans on top and 1 in the back.

I want to switch to a full hardlne loop. I know it will cost be around 700.00ish US to get every thing necessary minus the new processor. I can do the install if I had some advice on how I maybe should run the lines and what waterblocks I should get EKWB or should I get the Corsair Hydro bundle? Any help in how I would route the lines would help immensely as this is my first hardline liquid cooled pc.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Each build is different, so exactly 'where' to run your tubing will be relatively obvious once you have your hardware in place along with your Rads, pumps and blocks.

In terms of manufacturer, there's a lot of options.... EKWB, Bitspower, Alphacool etc.
The Hydro bundle is a great option for beginners.... but it's soft tubing.

unryl

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2012
Thanks for your reply, I was looking for other people that may have used the same case as me. I also know itd be rather obvious once the blocks are on and all that. I was trying to find others that have maybe built a loop inside of a cougar panzer max. Its a huge case, but Idk if I should try to build in it or try to find a case more loop friendly. I have never built a closed loop system. What is the the best diamater and most common tubing and fittings I should get for the build. I know they hydro comes with soft tubing but you can get PETG also. I was looking at the hydro series because I already have a ll the corsair rgb controllers I need and wouldnt have to buy those. I have the commander and lighting node pro.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Some of the questions you are asking are covered by many of the watercooling stickies available on the internet. One happens to be here on Tom's Hardware and it also happens to have been written by me.

Tubing diameter makes little difference overall when you get to 3/8" ID and above, but there are some slight flow rate and pressure drop differences, although minimal compared to 1/4" ID or smaller. This is all very dependent on pump being used, number of blocks, pressure drop/restriction of those blocks, etc.

And I agree with Barty1884; there are so many options out there. Don't feel compelled to stick only to EK or only to Alphacool. You can mix and match parts as long as none of them are aluminum...unless you go for a kit that is absolutely 100% complete aluminum (EK made a few recently that were very good).

Reactions: LeighPing