[SOLVED] Need headset with foam earpieces

Eric Stork

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2014
I am looking for a good headset with foam earpieces. Tired of the plastic coverings, they dryrot after a while and I get those annoying flakes on my head. So far I have only found Logitech to have foam earpieces, any other brands?

Solution
Unfortunately, there is a general decline in the quality of many products and that also includes high end products.

For the most part that is happening for any number of reasons both individual and combined.

Probably several books or doctoral dissertations worth. Will not belabor that....

You might be able to find some sort of disposable coverings that will keep the flakes of of your ears, head, shoulders etc..

For example...

Eric Stork

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2014
^ That? And use. What are you plugging them into and why? Music? Gaming? Movies?

I was aiming for $20 like I usually can afford but might go up to $40. Cannot fit those better models in. Usually I use them for Gaming though I plan to also do Recording both Gaming and Non-Gaming content.

Last one I got was H5GX I think by Etekcity, did OK for several years but now the plastic covering the earpieces is rotting / flaking off, if not for that they still work.

Just darn annoying constantly having to clean my head after use every time. I could probably tear off the plastic / vinyl but that takes so long and is annoying.

So far all I find is Logitech H111 and H151.

Ralston18

Titan
Unfortunately, there is a general decline in the quality of many products and that also includes high end products.

For the most part that is happening for any number of reasons both individual and combined.

Probably several books or doctoral dissertations worth. Will not belabor that....

You might be able to find some sort of disposable coverings that will keep the flakes of of your ears, head, shoulders etc..

For example:

https://www.wish.com/product/5dbf92...7gIVDzeGCh0m8gkDEAQYAiABEgLVs_D_BwE&share=web

https://www.staples.com/Hamilton-Bu...MI_YGoyfuY7gIVQrKGCh24iAn9EAQYBCABEgI4_fD_BwE

Not familiar with those products and I am sure that you can easier find other options.

And one product costs as much as new headsets. Maybe yo u could share a box with someone.

However, with a bit of thought and some testing, you may be able to come up with a creative solution of your own. And for free.

Solution