[SOLVED] Need help 100 disk usage

Nov 29, 2020
Hi everyone

So I've had this problem on and off for awhile now

Whenever I start gaming any game

My disk usage will shoot up to 100 and my games will start bugging out lagging crashing etc

It won't always stay at 100 but rather spike every couple mins or so it will hang at 100 for a good couple mins at a time

I haven't noticed if it does within when not gaming cuz I only use the pc for games

I have read every 100 disk usage forum on Google and none of the fixes I found have worked

I've tried everything disable windows defender

Disable sysmain

Disabled all xbox programs including game bar

I've done a disk check

I've changed and inspected sata cables

I've disabled a whole lot of other stuff I cant really rember watching YouTube videos

I've done alot and am stumped could my hdd be failing ?

I have 16 gb ram

Also I noticed today that while the cpu usage was at 100 my system was using 30 mb ! And I've never noticed that before usually it only uses like 2 to 5 mb max

Also I've done a virus scan and maleware check

Full pc specs

Ryzen 3 3200g
Rx 580 8gb
Msi b450 gaming plus max
Evga 750watt gold
2tb barricuda hdd
2x 8gb ages g.skill

I'm lost please help lol

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020
Thats the only drive I have ? It wouldn't boot if I disconnected it

I just noticed though mid game 100 disk usage again and Pagemaker.sys was was at the top using all the disk but my memory was only at 32 percent

Nov 29, 2020
It's more likely a driver problem. What is the name of your motherboard? Are the drivers up to date?

Msi b450 gaming plus max

Fresh install of windows a week ago
All drivers installed for mobo gpu
Cpu sata ethernet etc..

Did you catch what I said about page file using the most when disk usage is 100 and im only at 40 percent ram ? If you did sorry just wanted to make sure thats clear

Msi b450 gaming plus max

Fresh install of windows a week ago
All drivers installed for mobo gpu
Cpu sata ethernet etc..

Did you catch what I said about page file using the most when disk usage is 100 and im only at 40 percent ram ? If you did sorry just wanted to make sure thats clear
Is your Virtual Memory set to let Windows manage the page file automatically?

image130.png

Nov 29, 2020
Seagate barracuda smr drive. Those are not good for installing windows on it. Very inconsistent performance.

Do yourself a favor and get SSD for your pc.
No modern pc should be without it.

Yea well since I tried everything else I seen on the internet I just bought Samsung evo 870 1 tb ssd so hoping it cures my issues

When I built my pc this summer I knew absolutely nothing about building pcs lol I thought wow a 60 dollar 2 tb hdd what a deal lol boy was I wrong

Nov 29, 2020
But in the mean time I think I've fixed it

I disabled pagefile in advanced setting and I've played about 20 matches today with no 100 disk usage ...

No lagging no crashing

But if pqgefile is the problem and disabling it cured my issue how can I fix that to have it on and still not get 100 disk usage