Need Help! 2nd Hard drive missing and cannot access programs as administrator

Dlumb904

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Just started really getting into computers a year ago and just built my own computer.

I have my OS and a few other files on a 64GB SSD and everything else on a 750GB HDD. I just turned my computer on and tried to access a program when it displayed that the program was not found.

So i went to My Computer and found that my D: was not there. Tried going into Computer Management and I receive the error message "Windows cannot find ". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." Similarly I tried to run cmd admin and similarly I get the message "Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." However I checked my system32 files and it was indeed there and i could run it normally w/o admin access. Additionally I booted up with the Win7 CD to repair, however nothing wrong was detected.

Also I took out that HDD and plugged it into another computer. It was detected but I couldnt access it because its format reads as RAW under computer management. That HDD is actually pretty old and I got it from my company because they werent using it anymore.

Can anyone help me out? Id like to know whats wrong. Can it actually be my HDD or is it my OS files. Id really like to know before I attempt to reinstall Win 7 from the CD. And unfortunately, stupid me put the backup location on that HDD.

Here's my build if that helps:
Intel Core i5-3570K
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155
Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB
8GB RAM
Crucial M4 64GB 2.5" SSD
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB
XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Dlumb904

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013

Yeah it is recognized in the BIOS in both my computers.

Regarding my hdd it really is old. Now that I recall, when I first found it it was also in raw format before I reformat it. I guess for some reason it changed to the raw format again.

However I really have no idea how that hdd would have any affect on my OS files that are located on a separate SSD. It seems I'm unable to access any kind of program whatsoever that uses admin access. It always says it's missing the file, even though it's there, or just does nothing.