Need help!! a few questions about my planned liquid cooling setup

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Deathbox

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Need help liquid cooling
Current Specs:

Case: Coolermaster haf 922

Processor : intel core I5 2500k @ 4.7 ghz (already has a noctua nh-c14)

Video Cards: zotac Gtx 580x2 in sli ( plan to get two VID-NX580 Link: http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=2005 )

Motherboard: asus sabertooth p67 ( would like to liquid cool this but i cant find a water block would like some help finding one)

Ram: kingston hyperx black edition 3x4gb=12gb total ( plan to get Waterblock X3 with http://www.koolance.com/water-
cooling/product_info.php?product_id=860 )

i also plan to use this as a radiator and everything else http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=1171

What size tubeing should i use 13mm? Also will that cooling system work without a cpu waterblock but give me the option to add a waterblock to it in the future? what else would you guys recommend in my watercooling system i have never done this before i would really appreciate some advice.

Solution
Another person that found the Koolance loop builder, it seems.

You don't need waterblocks for RAM. Drop this. You also don't really need a waterblock for your motherboard.

Ok, let's start over. Have you read through the WC sticky? It's listed below in my signature. Koolance makes some good stuff, but there is a whole world outside of what Koolance makes...and a lot of it is less expensive. Depending on where you are from, not everyone classifies fittings in millimeters...many use standard measure of inches: 3/8", 7/16", 1/2".

Please read through the sticky guide- there is a lot of information in there that should help answer your questions. Once you have gone through all the links and information, you should have a pretty...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
#1 - H100 is a dismal performer. It performs better than the H70 and H80, but still worse than even a Rasa RS240 kit...by a large margin when the Rasa RS240 kit costs within $5-$10 more.

#2 - He wants to include his video cards in the loop.

Sorry- I don't live by the rule that watercooling loops come in the same box. The only reason LCS coolers exist is so people who don't know any better can brag to their friends (who also don't know any better) how they have watercooling, even though it doesn't really perform a whole lot better than a good air cooler costing half the price.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You can also find res/tops depending on your pump. It's all a matter of preference. If you are wanting your pump to mount in the res to simplify the loop, make sure you match the res with the pump type you are getting. Otherwise, a res is a res...get what you like.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You already listed green tubing...? You don't want coolants (also some links in the sticky discussing why.) I guess if you absolutely need to go that route, Swiftech makes some stuff called Hydrx that is decent and you mix with distilled water. Otherwise, use dyes or just the colored tubing you want. Plain water performs the best, if you don't want critters growing, killcoil or biocide as well.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You wouldn't likely have problems if you used stuff like that, just be aware that some coolants can break down and clog your blocks under sustained load temps. (also covered in the WC sticky...see a trend? :) )

Feser One is one brand that seems to have this issue, there are others that have happened as well. You aren't mixing aluminum in your loop with the copper/brass, so you don't need a corrosion inhibitor, and water will perform better than a coolant or premix. If you want color, use tubing or dye (Mayhem's dye is what most guys use). But if you really want that nuclear sludge green, Hydrx is alright...just mix correctly.