Need help!! a few questions about my planned liquid cooling setup

Deathbox

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Need help liquid cooling
Current Specs:

Case: Coolermaster haf 922

Processor : intel core I5 2500k @ 4.7 ghz (already has a noctua nh-c14)

Video Cards: zotac Gtx 580x2 in sli ( plan to get two VID-NX580 Link: http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=2005 )

Motherboard: asus sabertooth p67 ( would like to liquid cool this but i cant find a water block would like some help finding one)

Ram: kingston hyperx black edition 3x4gb=12gb total ( plan to get Waterblock X3 with http://www.koolance.com/water-
cooling/product_info.php?product_id=860 )

i also plan to use this as a radiator and everything else http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=1171

What size tubeing should i use 13mm? Also will that cooling system work without a cpu waterblock but give me the option to add a waterblock to it in the future? what else would you guys recommend in my watercooling system i have never done this before i would really appreciate some advice.

Solution
Another person that found the Koolance loop builder, it seems.

You don't need waterblocks for RAM. Drop this. You also don't really need a waterblock for your motherboard.

Ok, let's start over. Have you read through the WC sticky? It's listed below in my signature. Koolance makes some good stuff, but there is a whole world outside of what Koolance makes...and a lot of it is less expensive. Depending on where you are from, not everyone classifies fittings in millimeters...many use standard measure of inches: 3/8", 7/16", 1/2".

Please read through the sticky guide- there is a lot of information in there that should help answer your questions. Once you have gone through all the links and information, you should have a pretty...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Another person that found the Koolance loop builder, it seems.

You don't need waterblocks for RAM. Drop this. You also don't really need a waterblock for your motherboard.

Ok, let's start over. Have you read through the WC sticky? It's listed below in my signature. Koolance makes some good stuff, but there is a whole world outside of what Koolance makes...and a lot of it is less expensive. Depending on where you are from, not everyone classifies fittings in millimeters...many use standard measure of inches: 3/8", 7/16", 1/2".

Please read through the sticky guide- there is a lot of information in there that should help answer your questions. Once you have gone through all the links and information, you should have a pretty good grasp on what you'll need for a loop.

FYI- Yes, you can just watercool GPUs if you want as well as add the CPU later.

Solution

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I'm not saying anything- it just seemed that you were somewhat confused on what you needed and a lot of information is posted in there that addresses some things you've brought up. Most people that post component links from the same exact site (Koolance, for instance, instead of posting Koolance gear from watercooling retailers) often tells me that folks find a website and think it should be a one-stop shop. If you want to buy all that gear from Koolance, you would be fine, but you are doing yourself a disservice by not taking in as much information as possible to understand what you need and what your options are for your budget and plans.

Deathbox

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
yea i appreciate that I did read the whole thing over its just saying part by part I know everything about every single part but would it be better to buy everything seperate or just get it in one big shot as in (radiator, pump, tubes ect) also i hear watercooling might starting leaking in the future is this true

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
OK, slow down and punctuate...it's hard to tell where your sentences begin and end.

I'm trying to inform you there are a lot of other links in the sticky instead just reading 'this is what a pump does, this is what a radiator does...etc'. There is a lot of info in there on how to calculate delta, what rads to buy based on delta and fans being used as well as other pertinent information.

As to 'watercooling leaking in the future'...you say this like there will be some kind of catastrophic epidemic that will strike everyone using a water loop at the same time like a virus. No, watercooling does not leak if you take your time and do it correctly. Doing it correctly means understanding what you need to get for your budget, long term planning, understanding concepts and knowing how to fill and leak test your loop prior to running it live.

Deathbox

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
yea lol ill slow down, i found all these from those links
Black Ice XtremeII Radiator
DD12V-D5 Pump Variable Speed by Laing
Monsoon Single Bay Premium - RED with Black Trim - Reservoir
Tygon 3603 Tubing

for a full total of 230 bucks :D now its choosing from the waterblocks wich will be easy. Will this setup i have here be able to watercool my whole system in the future if needed ?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
They have Monsoon res's for the D5 to be mounted in, if you wanted to go that route. In fact, there are probably more reservoir choices out there on these retail sites than all other components combined.

When it comes to the future of your loop- it depends on what you are going to cool. You have to consider radiator heat dissipation into the overall loop expansion to see what needs to be handled. If you are going to run a single BIX SR2 360, you will be fine for your GPUs only, but you might consider adding a 120 or 140mm to the loop if you decide to add your CPU. Don't forget blocks and fittings or barbs- make sure barbs/fittings are the same ID as the tubing you are going to use.

Deathbox

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Tubing Size: 1/2 Inch ID Tubing 1/8 Inch Wall
pump: 1/2" OD Fittings (For 1/2" ID Tubing)
radiator: Fat Boy Fittings 1/2" OD Fittings
resevoir: 1/2 OD for 1/2 ID Tubing
Gpu block: VID-NX580x2
will those all go together?
is this all i need ?

Deathbox

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You know there are other places to buy this gear, right? You can get that pump at least $10 cheaper at a few sites...Tygon can be had cheaper...or other brands cheaper.

You're going to want a bigger rad than that.

You didn't list the video card blocks.

If you stay away from DangerDen and Koolance sites, you can find better deals.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
RX360's are great rads for the money. If you are running 2 GPUs you would be perfectly fine. If you add the CPU later, you might consider adding an additional 120mm or 140mm. If you can afford it, it's better to have more radiator than less. (Don't forget, you'd also need a CPU block when that time comes.)

If you really wanted to push the boundaries (and you weren't overclocking CPU or GPUs) you could run a single RX360 with 6 fans in push/pull with CPU and 2 GPUs...it would really start to degrade your delta, but you'd still get decent temps. I'd recommend additional radiator instead of adding more fans to a rad.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
That thing is huge. I don't know how much heat it will dissipate, though. I've tried to get my hands on one to test, but without buying one, I think we'll just have to wait and see until someone tests it, like Skinnee.

You can use compression fittings or barbs, either one. Your preference.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
G1/4" and fitting/tubing ID are completely different.

From the WC sticky:
I.D. - Inside diameter, most commonly referring to the ID of the tubing to be used. 1/2"ID means that wall to wall, the inside of the tubing measures 1/2" (metric is also used and is measured in millimeters or mm)

O.D.- Outside diameter, similar to the ID, the OD simply is the measurement of the tubing through the cross-section from one side of the outer wall to the other.

G1/4" - This is the one that confuses the most people. This refers to the threaded fitting standard that is used by almost all waterblocks and radiators. It is the end of the fitting that gets screwed into the block or rad; the other end of this same fitting is measured with the I.D. standard for tubing size.
barb_size.jpg