[SOLVED] Need help about ups

bigdiggie

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
Hello guys i'm planning to buy a new UPS because my current ups is starting to die and i'm also wan't to replace it with an APC

APC specs: BX650LI-MS
Output Power Capacity: 325 Watts/650VA
Output Frequency: 50/60 Hz +/-1 Hz
Output Connections: (2) Universal Receptacle
Nominal Input Voltage: 230V
Input Connections: NEMA 5-15P
Maximum Input Current: 5A
Battery Type: Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte leakproof
Recharging Time: 4 Hours

PC specs

Cpu: intel cor i5-8400
Motherboard: z370 tomahawk msi
Gpu: Asus Strix 950 2gb
Ram: 2x 8gb hyper x fury
HDD: 1tb seagate baracuda / 500gb western digital blue
SSD: 120gb kingston / 250 samsung evo
Psu: Seasonic focus plus gold 550w

Since its only a 2 slot ups i'm only going to plug the pc and 1 24" samsung monitor... what do you guys think? is the ups enough for my rig?

thank you...

Solution
Borderline? If it was going full tilt and the monitor's backlight was maxed out...

By the TDP it should draw 230W. But you can take those numbers with a grain of salt, particularly the CPU. Then there is the efficiency of the power delivery, the PSU will be drawing, lets say worst case 80% efficiency which would put it closer to 285W. What is the wattage of the monitor?

Does your current UPS list the current or wattage flowing through it?

Always better to go a little bigger on UPS.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Borderline? If it was going full tilt and the monitor's backlight was maxed out...

By the TDP it should draw 230W. But you can take those numbers with a grain of salt, particularly the CPU. Then there is the efficiency of the power delivery, the PSU will be drawing, lets say worst case 80% efficiency which would put it closer to 285W. What is the wattage of the monitor?

Reactions: bigdiggie
Solution

bigdiggie

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012

I see, How about the APC BACK UPS BV800I-MS 800VA 450W?