Need Help About Vive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darude Dude

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
I have a question about the vive my gpu only has one hdmi port and it's occupied by my monitor can I still use the vive? I have a geforce 980 gpu

Solution

You'd have to use a different connection for your monitor in order to use the Vive. I have a 970 and I personally use a DVI to VGA adapter (My monitor is ancient) to plug my monitor into the DVI port on the card whenever I am using my Vive. This frees the HDMI port up for the Vive. Just remember to plug both the Vive and the monitor into the graphics card (Don't plug the Vive into the GPU and the monitor into the integrated port on the I/O area) otherwise you will get an error message that says "Compositor not working". Hope this helps!

InuHanyou1701

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016

You'd have to use a different connection for your monitor in order to use the Vive. I have a 970 and I personally use a DVI to VGA adapter (My monitor is ancient) to plug my monitor into the DVI port on the card whenever I am using my Vive. This frees the HDMI port up for the Vive. Just remember to plug both the Vive and the monitor into the graphics card (Don't plug the Vive into the GPU and the monitor into the integrated port on the I/O area) otherwise you will get an error message that says "Compositor not working". Hope this helps!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS