[SOLVED] Need help adjusting ram frequency 2133 (1066 in cpu-z)to 3200mhz.

Sep 2, 2020
I just got two more sticks of the same Corsair ram 2x8 3200mhz ram making it equal 32gb of 3200 mhz ram. I installed them and The issue im having is that when I change it to DOCP and save and exit the pc goes into a on/off loop for about 4 times then gives me an error. What do I do, Ive tried most things Ive read on.
I can start it up and get into windows on auto but it goes back to showing 2133mhz (1066 in cpu-z)

asus rogstrix b450mb
ryzen72700x
rtx2060
Corsair Vengance RGB 3200mhz ram

Solution
You do not have matched ram.
They are not from the same kit.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.

Try Corsair ram support.
Perhaps they can help.
Adding voltage in the bios sometimes makes things better.
You may not be able to get non-matched, 16GB sets to operate at high frequencies.
First, list the exact models of all 4 sticks of RAM.
Second, run some stress tests at the 2133MHz speed to see if that is at least stable.
Third, what do you use your computer for? Unless you actively use over 16GBs of RAM, increasing your RAM to 32GBs won't increase your system's speed/performance at all.

There is no guarantee you will reach your rated frequency with OC RAM and mixing RAM modules can cause a mismatch.
Modules are matched at the factory for Cas Latency compliance and Manufacturers advise of this issue.

If you need 32GB then get either a 2x16 or 4x8 kit and keep what you have as spares.
With what you have there will not be a working profile for D.O.C.P nor XMP. You can try using the DRAM calculator to get Timings and voltage but no guarantee it will work and be stable.

Sep 2, 2020
There is no guarantee you will reach your rated frequency with OC RAM and mixing RAM modules can cause a mismatch.
Modules are matched at the factory for Cas Latency compliance and Manufacturers advise of this issue.

If you need 32GB then get either a 2x16 or 4x8 kit and keep what you have as spares.
With what you have there will not be a working profile for D.O.C.P nor XMP. You can try using the DRAM calculator to get Timings and voltage but no guarantee it will work and be stable.
So I cant just have a 2x8 and just add another 2x8 to get 4x8?

Reactions: alceryes

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
You may not be able to get non-matched, 16GB sets to operate at high frequencies.
First, list the exact models of all 4 sticks of RAM.
Second, run some stress tests at the 2133MHz speed to see if that is at least stable.
Third, what do you use your computer for? Unless you actively use over 16GBs of RAM, increasing your RAM to 32GBs won't increase your system's speed/performance at all.
Yes such beautiful words also yeah I have a feeling the timings are a bit different on the kits or the voltages. So OP might have to set it to manual and set i tto 3200Mhz then proper voltage for kit and the CL timings for all 4 kits can operate at. 🙏✌👩‍🦲💯😲🖐

I just got two more sticks of the same Corsair ram 2x8 3200mhz ram making it equal 32gb of 3200 mhz ram. I installed them and The issue im having is that when I change it to DOCP and save and exit the pc goes into a on/off loop for about 4 times then gives me an error. What do I do, Ive tried most things Ive read on.
I can start it up and get into windows on auto but it goes back to showing 2133mhz (1066 in cpu-z)

asus rogstrix b450mb
ryzen72700x
rtx2060
Corsair Vengance RGB 3200mhz ram
If the system boots at 2133, put memtest86 free edition on to a USB drive. Then try setting the advertised timings and voltage of the kits in bios. Set the speed to 2933 or 3000 and save and exit. If it boots up, try running memtest86 to see if it has errors. If you don't get errors after about an hour, either continue the testing or you can risk using the system. If the system crashes, you will need to change more settings. Just know that if you run it without doing the full scan and it does crash, you could potentially corrupt data on the drive that was being saved or changed.

https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

You do not have matched ram.
They are not from the same kit.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.

Try Corsair ram support.
Perhaps they can help.
Adding voltage in the bios sometimes makes things better.

Solution
they are all the same models of ram no mismatched, and i play games, some light editing now and then i got more for just for the future

Check out the actual manufacturer model on the small label on each stick of RAM. I'll bet that you have a pair of sticks with one model number and another pair of sticks with a different model number.

Unfortunately, memory manufacturers just print basic info on the packaging and sometimes you can't even see the actual model numbers on the sticks without opening the package. As @geofelt says, you may get lucky with a slight voltage boost and be able to clock them higher but it's a gamble. Remember to run Memtest 86 to thoroughly verify stability.