Need Help[ And Recommendations

katnip.beyb

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Hi! im using an i7 - 6500U intel HD 520 and 8gig of ram would a gtx 1070 good? can i use the gtx full potetial?
If not, what gtx do you recommend and what Psu needed ty!

Been looking for ages for someone to help me with my laptop
I`m planning to make it a gaming laptop in high settings

I`m really a newbie im planning to use the GPU as External GPU since i dont like to waste my laptop hehehe! thanks alot

First of all, which Laptop do you have? Most laptops doesn't support external GPU at this point.
Second, while the GTX 1070 is fine for your CPU, you will likely not get more than around 50% performance from an external GPU compared to same GPU as internal.
Third, for the price of the external GPU enclosure and the GPU itself, you can probably find a new laptop for the same money.

Bottom line is external GPU is not worth it. Remember watching a video from jayztwocents and if I remember correctly, using and external GTX 1080 gave around same performance as same laptop with internal GTX 1060.

katnip.beyb

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018

HI! OMG THANKS! im using a toshiba satellite P55W . Im planning on removing the wifi card and put a mini PCIE and use a external wifi which im using now. so any thoughts? ty ty ty so much looking forward to your reply.