Question Need help asap dont know what to do

Sep 29, 2020
Okay so about 2 weeks ago my mic dropped on my pc 2 times and caused it to freeze and turn off and on 2nd time it no longer posts but all fans spin, I have tried to use another motherboard still same thing I'm thinking its a power supply problem but I'm not sure

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Yes I think it might of shorted it aswell

The only thing I can consider could have happened is if you are on a hard drive that was in use at that moment. Obviously, any hard impact to electronics can be harmful.
I could be wrong here, but my understanding of current and the way a PC case is made, that assuming (for instance) that the ground in your electrical wall plug is correct, adding a quick shock to the case itself should not result in damage. I don't know about sustained current.

I would do a quick check of all connections, try to use iGPU if your computer is so equipped, check all the RAM is plugged in, etc.

Sep 29, 2020
The only thing I can consider could have happened is if you are on a hard drive that was in use at that moment. Obviously, any hard impact to electronics can be harmful.
I could be wrong here, but my understanding of current and the way a PC case is made, that assuming (for instance) that the ground in your electrical wall plug is correct, adding a quick shock to the case itself should not result in damage. I don't know about sustained current.

I would do a quick check of all connections, try to use iGPU if your computer is so equipped, check all the RAM is plugged in, etc.
Reseated everything and tried igpu its so weird and anonnying issue