[SOLVED] Need help ASAP. How to delete a partition that has Windows 10 OS on it?

j0hnvher

Commendable
Sep 24, 2019
I’m trying to clean install Windows since I’m having BSOD’s and I’m pretty sure that my computer has viruses and kept me from uldating Windows.

Should i install Windows in my HDD and run the setup again to delete my SSD? Or should i install Windows on my HDD and format my SSD through Windows?

Need help ASAP as im stuck on Windows Setup

Solution
whats stopping you deleting them?

Boot from installer

On screen after language choice, pick repair pc, not install

Pick troubleshoot

Pick advanced

Pick Command Prompt

Type diskpart and press enter

Type list disk and press enter

This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe

If Disk 1 is the drive you want to clear, type select 1) and press enter. A message will confirm it is selected

Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk.

Once you sure its right disk, type Clean and press enter

The Command Prompt window...

j0hnvher

Commendable
Sep 24, 2019
I’m trying to clean install Windows since I’m having BSOD’s and I’m pretty sure that my computer has viruses and kept me from uldating Windows.

Should i install Windows in my HDD and run the setup again to delete my SSD? Or should i install Windows on my HDD and format my SSD through Windows?

I can’t delete my SSD partitions.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Boot from installer

Pick troubleshoot

Pick advanced

Pick Command Prompt

This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe

If Disk 1 is the drive you want to clear, type select 1) and press enter. A message will confirm it is selected

Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk.

The Command Prompt window will display the message "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk". Close out of the Command Prompt window by clicking the red X in the upper right hand corner.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Disconnect all other drives.
You boot from a freshly created USB.
In the OS install process, you DELETE all existing partitions.

j0hnvher

Commendable
Sep 24, 2019

Boot from installer

Pick troubleshoot

Pick advanced

Pick Command Prompt

The Command Prompt window will display the message "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk". Close out of the Command Prompt window by clicking the red X in the upper right hand corner.
Did it and my SSD still can't be cleaned and erased. I did everything on the internet and still nothing. I'm opting to buy a new SSD. I downloaded Windows on my HDD for now until my new SSD comes.

j0hnvher

Commendable
Sep 24, 2019
Disconnect all other drives.
You boot from a freshly created USB.
In the OS install process, you DELETE all existing partitions.

I did that but my SSD refused to be erased.

j0hnvher

Commendable
Sep 24, 2019
Does ssd still work? it sounds like its pretty dead to me.

looks like installing on HDD is best option while you wait.
SSD still works and can be seen from Disk Management. It just can't be formatted or erased. I think a virus is preventing me from erasing all the partitions.